Review of gorgeous Christmas Decs at Neal's Nurseries and their fab Christmas Wreath Workshop

1 post
Clare (Admin)
Options:
Share this post on:

Review of gorgeous Christmas Decs at Neal's Nurseries and their fab Christmas Wreath Workshop

Postby Clare (Admin) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:32 am

With 20 sleeps left till the big day, a Christmas Wreath making workshop was the perfect way to kick-start that Christmas feeling.  Held in the treasure trove that is Neal’s Nurseries, we were greeted with Prosecco and mince pies (always a winner) with early birds like me browsing the amazingly gorgeous and very glittery Christmas decoration hub drink in hand.   Possibly the best selection of Christmas decs and lights south of the river, Neal’s has every style covered from traditional to cute to Hygge to kitsch and in every possible colour combo.  Christmas heaven!

After a lovely browse, we all gathered in the crafting area set up with 5 large tables piled high with an array of beautiful, fragrant foliage. The uber cool  florists, Jar & Fern, were running the workshop courtesy of our lovely host Capital Gardens who own Neal’s Nurseries.  We had a short introduction and an engaging demo of the four clear and easy to follow wreath making steps and off we went.Creating something beautiful, even for the not-so-green-fingered individual such as me, was hardly a challenge given the wonderful array of creative material - 6 different types of foliage including Christmas Tree branches, Lavender, gold painted birch, and the most popular on my table at least; Mimosa.

The room was filled with little discussions and consultations between neighbouring wreath-makers as to which combinations of plants looked best (the answer being all of course) and which was the best way to place them to get that perfect ‘swirling’ effect.The combination of creative focus, chatter, Prosecco and Christmas cheer ensured that the hour workshop flew by and in what felt like a blink of an eye, my wreath was complete.

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas! 

Emily x 
Attachments
Emilys Wreath.jpg
Decs 2.jpg