Experienced History Tutor available for A-Level and GCSE - some slots still available

1 post
AM_TulseHill
Options:
Share this post on:

Experienced History Tutor available for A-Level and GCSE - some slots still available

Postby AM_TulseHill » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:53 pm

I'm a History teacher with over 20 years experience of teaching in London schools, including serving as a 6th Form Head,Head of History, managing Outreach/1:1 Learning services and Private Tuition. I am available to tutor at all levels and currently have slots available throughout the academic year.

Working with you, your child and, if you permit, your child's teacher, I would design a programme of learning based around targeting specific areas of need. This approach enables us to focus on the young person's needs and interests, and avoids the risk of replicating learning or reinventing the wheel.

I'm happy to have a chat about your specific needs, please contact me via PM for details.I look forward to hearing from you.

Here's what former clients say about the service I provide:

“Alex tutored my daughter in the final stages of her history GCSE prep.  Having not managed to get through all the syllabus content at school she was super stressed, lacking confidence and desperately in need of some exam and question practice and guidance.  In only 6 or 7 sessions Alex turned things around for her and she went into the exams feeling confident, capable and properly equipped.  She really enjoyed her sessions with Alex who mostly left it to her to decide how she wanted them structured and what she wanted to focus on, while also making sure she had everything covered off.  He set her work to do between sessions and gave her feedback which she found invaluable. He was a wonderfully calming influence in those crucial last weeks and a pleasure to have around.   He was also very flexible and easy to communicate with.  I would recommend Alex without hesitation (and not only because in the final exam she came out with an A*).”

“Alex worked with my daughter, as she was struggling in A-Level History. Not only did he bring it to life for her but he bought in more background and insight and cemented her knowledge well. Her confidence grew and her grades and love of history increased and she got the grades she needed.Every session resulted in a wonderful batch of notes that could be used later too.I have no issues with recommending Alex for A level extra tutoring.”

“Alex has been of great help with my daughter’s A level history revision.  Before each lesson they would decide which topic they would revise next time.  Alex has a wealth of knowledge which allowed them to go into great depth.  He also has a good way with teenagers bringing out the best in even the most reluctant ones.  He is very positive and I would have no problem recommending him to anyone wanting to improve their child’s chances of achieving a higher grade at their history examination.” 

“Alex helped our son with his A Level History course work. He has very good curriculum knowledge and was able to help with, and complement the work our son had done at school. We would highly recommend him.” Top

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.