Mums for weekend play dates?

5 posts
Jpie
Options:
Share this post on:

Mums for weekend play dates?

Postby Jpie » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:24 pm

Hello, I'm a full-time working mum of a gorgeous 2-year old boy with another baby boy due in mid-November. My husband is a barrister focused on heavy commercial work, which frequently requires him to work on weekends. This leaves me solo parenting on the weekends, which I find can be quite a lonely business, since most classes/activities occur during the week, and most other mums have spouses who are around. I'm looking for mums who are in a similar position to me and would be interested in meeting up for weekend play dates for a bit of companionship. I live in Balham and am happy to host or to travel elsewhere to meet up. I'm also up for weekend activity dates e.g., trips to Kew Gardens, museums, Battersea Zoo, etc. If this is you, let me know!
vsim1980
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Mums for weekend play dates?

Postby vsim1980 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:49 am

https://oasisplay.org.uk/nature-garden/

Hello, there’s a lovely nature garden in stockwell which runs a Saturday club where parents attend with their children. It’s ideal for little ones and is nice a friendly.
I’m a single parent and understand how lonely the weekends can be but found this was a great help when I used to take my youngest there.
NatashaM
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby NatashaM » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:50 am

You should try an app called Frolo
lala8207
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby lala8207 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:21 am

Hi there

I just moved into the area, I’m in South Wimbledon, and I have a nine month old. It’s really easy for me to get to Balham, and I’m quite partial to the café called Milk if you fancy a coffee sometime.

My husband and I both work full time, both of us in finance, but the weekends work well done me.
Sapsap12
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Sapsap12 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:45 am

Hi, I am in a very similar situation with husband working most weekends and I get to parent alone for a large chunk of the days. Full time working mum to a two year old as well and have found it hard to find weekend activities as most of those take place over weekdays. So would be up for catch ups :)

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.