Looking for other families with kids with additional needs

3 posts
littlela
Options:
Share this post on:

Looking for other families with kids with additional needs

Postby littlela » Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:32 am

Hi,

My youngest son (I have three kids) has a speech delay and a sensory processing disorder and is on the emerging needs pathway. I’m looking for any support groups or informal meet ups with other parents who might be in the same position. We live close to Wandsworth common so the more local the better!! If anyone has anything to offer I would be so grateful, it’s been so hard!

Many thanks indeed!
2009Kat
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Looking for other families with kids with additional needs

Postby 2009Kat » Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:47 am

Hello!
My son with needs is older now but other parents have of children with needs are the best sources of info and support!
You can try:
Facebook groups (eg ASD SW London - appreciate your child may not be autistic but other parents in the group will have children with speech delay and sensory processing)
People who reach out to you from this post - feel free to pm me if you would like contact details for a few local WhatsApp groups that I know about etc - I am sure there are others too.
Contact - this is a charity that has a Wandsworth office and organises things like coffee meets or walks for parents of kids with needs. They’re a great source of info and support.
Wandsworth Early Years Centre based on Siward rd may be worth a call. I can’t remember what they offer now but in my sons early years they had playgroups, use of their soft play etc. also the Enhanced Early Years place somewhere on West Hill. (The Wandsworth council “Local Offer” site should have contact details).
SEN Talk another fab organisation that have coffee morning etc, aimed mostly at school age children and families.
Good luck. As I said please do feel free to PM me.
littlela
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Looking for other families with kids with additional needs

Postby littlela » Tue May 03, 2022 6:26 am

Hi! And thank you! I’m so sorry I didn’t reply sooner, we all got the sick-bug from hell and it’s been one thing after another. I will DM you - but I just wanted to thank you for the info in your message!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.