Moving to Hampton Wick

7 posts
VicksB
Options:
Share this post on:

Moving to Hampton Wick

Postby VicksB » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:33 pm

Hello, we are moving to Hampton Wick, my son will be 2 in September and I am looking for a pre school/Montessori for him. Happy to travel to Hampton, twickenham etc if any recommendations. Thank you! Vicks
Larapru
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Moving to Hampton Wick

Postby Larapru » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:57 pm

My two boys go for two mornings a week at buttons nursery in Hampton. It's fine for this short time and they love it. A first I wasn't happy but its alot better howver I'm moving them to the hill park nursery in st James road Hampton hill when they turn two. The staff are more mature, it's more convenient for me and works out cheaper. I hear green acres in Hampton hill is good, my friends two boys go there. Good luck.
VicksB
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby VicksB » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:08 pm

Thanks that's really helpful!
Teddersmum
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Teddersmum » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:28 pm

I really recommend the pavilion in Hampton Wick. It is Montissori and my lo is very happy there. Susan Dann is the head teacher. It is popular so worth getting on the waiting list as soon as you can.
VicksB
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby VicksB » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:52 pm

Thanks, we are on the waiting list for the Pavillion but he can't start until April, then would be afternoons and ideally I would like him to do mornings, so wanted another option. I only hear good things about the Pavillion though, and it is very close to our new house so maybe I should hold out for it! Did you find afternoons only ok at the beginning and how many do thy do a week? Do you know what the fees are? Sorry for all the questions, we are renovating our new house and everything from our old one is in storage as we are in temporary accommodation! Thank you Teddersmum!

Teddersmum
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Teddersmum » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:23 pm

I wasn't keen on the afternoons either but after going for a look round I decided it was worth it. It has actually worked out fine and it means bedtimes are a breeze! Also gives us a chance to do swimming lessons and music class etc in the mornings. They attend five afternoons a week for two hours but it is no problem to miss days. I can't say enough good things either, it has been brilliant for my lively little boy and at parents night recently I was amazed by his progress since starting in September. The teachers are all lovely and the ratio is excellent. Fees are £700-800 a term I think before they are three when the government grants kicks in and you just make up the shortfall £300ish I think. Good luck with the move :)
VicksB
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby VicksB » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:27 pm

Great thank you for the. Info!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.