Help deciding primary school

5 posts
This_that_andtheother
Options:
Share this post on:

Help deciding primary school

Postby This_that_andtheother » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:25 pm

Hello,

My daughter has been offered a place at Newton Prep, we are very pleased as we liked the school from the word go. The structure, the headteacher, the ethos.. However, I’m getting cold feet maybe it’s the anxiety of having to take this step and move her as she is happy and comfortable where she is (She has the option to move to KG and the school is good enough).

My main concern is that she is a bit of a sensitive soul, will she get lost in such a big school as Newton? She is confident but when in large numbers she does shy away and happily let’s others lead.

I was wondering if anyone here could give me some feedback on Newton Prep and their experience, particularly if you have a sensitive child.

On a side note, Newton is also another 10 minutes walk away from our house (and not as nice commute). I know its minor in the scale of things but parents with older children told us to really consider whether this would be practical in the long run.

Thank you
Moonlightdawn
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Help deciding primary school

Postby Moonlightdawn » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:03 pm

Hi, am a Newton Prep parent. I understand how you feel. It’s a big decision.

We had two other offers from leading Wandsworth schools for our eldest. Am so glad we chose Newton Prep.

My children love it. Yes, it’s pretty vast but don’t let its size put you off. The school is hugely caring and nurturing.

One of my children is also a sensitive soul but has thrived there from day 1. They really cater for all sorts of personalities and characters.

Regarding its size, I can’t tell you how useful the array of facilities are especially when it’s raining. And the auditorium is incredible.

We haven’t looked back.
This_that_andtheother
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby This_that_andtheother » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:46 pm

Thank you for your msg Moonlightdawn, very reassuring to read!
Swarik
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Swarik » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:59 pm

Thank you for such a valuable information. It is very important for me.
Mathunent
Share this post on:

Health Fitness and Wellbeing.

Postby Mathunent » Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:21 am

Is it possible to achieve optimal health by solely relying on unconventional methods like eating only purple foods or practicing extreme cold exposure?

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.