Special Needs Consultant

1 post
npalhares
Options:
Share this post on:

Special Needs Consultant

Postby npalhares » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:50 pm

Do you need help with your special needs child?

I am a qualified special needs graduate with a postgraduate in Autism and Global Development Delay. I have worked in a variety of positions within the education sector over the past 15 years. In 2012 I retrained as a Montessori teacher and my most recent training was as a primary school teacher whilst working at a private school in west London. I am offering my knowledge and expertise to parents and carers of children with special needs.

After an initial consultation with you on the phone or by email I will plan my assessment based on your child's strengths and areas for development, as well as areas that are problematic. This is followed by a home visit where I can assess your child in his or her own environment – this is not based on scales or theory but provides a ‘snapshot’ of your child at this particular time. I will then advise on particular areas for concern – from routines and diet to dealing with aggressive behaviour or helping you to develop the skills to help your child to develop academically (for example, how to improve his or her literacy skills). I can give helpful advice about the programmes available in your area for children with special needs, plus suggestions on how to find the right school, as well as any childcare or respite care you may be entitled to.
Regular sessions are available with me as follow-up, to work on particular areas of concern.
I can provide references from several families and a DBS check.
Please contact me, Natacha Palhares, on natacha@npspecialneedsconsultancy.co.uk

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.