Broken Bugaboo Chassis Help!

4 posts
Piccalilli
Options:
Share this post on:

Broken Bugaboo Chassis Help!

Postby Piccalilli » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:28 pm

Hi everyone

I was wondering if anyone else had experienced their bugaboo chassis breaking. I think ours has as the handle has gone floppy on one side.

I'm furious as I called Bugaboo this morning and they advised to simply return it to the store where we bought it. I did so, only to be advised by a very rude John Lewis member of staff that it's out of warantee and nothing can be done.

I've taken such good care of it and when spending almost £1000 on a buggy I would have expected it to last longer than just over two years.

I'd love to hear if anyone else had the same issue and if so what you did.

X
lemonzest
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Broken Bugaboo Chassis Help!

Postby lemonzest » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:04 pm

I'm assuming it's a Cameleon, and a second generation or newer?

I've never had one (I had a first gen), but I do have a Bee+, and I wonder if the problem which you are having is one which happens all the time on the Bee. Is it that the 'clip' where you secure the handle at the correct height isn't holding the handle in place? Because if so this is very cheap and easy to repair yourself on the Bee, so I would hope it'd be similar on the Cam?
EBn
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby EBn » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:06 pm

I have had a similar problem. The way I fixed it was to replace the small screws on the inside of the handle (just below the black handle). I have taken mine to the bike shop to get it fixed.
I hope it works
Piccalilli
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Piccalilli » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:15 pm

Thanks so much for the replies.

Ours is broken at the bottom of the handle/ stem where it meets seat. It looks like it's coming apart where the two big silver circles are (sorry, not very technical!).

I'd love to know which bike shop you went to just in case they can fix this problem.

X

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.