Assault and perjury - advice/support

6 posts
Smiling02
Options:
Share this post on:

Assault and perjury - advice/support

Postby Smiling02 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:26 am

Dear Nappyvalleynetters,

I'm posting because I'd like a little support from my community! and I know someone somewhere will have some perfect pearl of wisdom to help me deal with this deeply unpleasant situation.

My ex assaulted me recently during an argument, it was a low level assault, no bleeding or broken bones, he didn't attack me or beat me up, a verbal argument became physical and he roughly manhandled me, which did leave injuries of bruising and bashes and even some jaw misalignment which made it difficult for me to eat for weeks! It was in front of our children and his new girlfriend. I went to A&E and have a medical report of my injuries as well as some pretty damning photos. At the time of the incident I phoned the police, because he then kept the children, apart from the fact he had just assaulted me. They attended, he was arrested. It has been under investigation and the CPS (Crime Proscecution Service) has finally come back with a decision to dismiss it.

Why? ... Because his girlfriend put in a statement contradicting the truth of what actually happened. I've read some of it, it is full of lies. She has claimed that I assaulted her!!!!! AND even more terrifying - she submitted photos of the supposed injuries SHE sustained during this supposed assault by me on her!!!!!!?? I have told the police again and again that there cannot possibly be any photos of any injuries on her body as I did NOT lay a single finger on her. I've asked them to check the veracity of these photos, but they have not done so and are refusing to do so.

I have told the police that I would like her prosecuted for perjury. I cannot cannot cannot believe this has happened in UK law. I cannot believe that he and her have absolutely got away with it. And that a woman who would stoop to these lengths might spend time with my children. I am truly frightenend now of her being anywhere near my children and of him coming anywhere near me now he knows he can get away with physically harming me and there is nothing I can do about it. Yes, I do think he would do it again.

Any thoughts? Words of wisdom / comfort? Similar experiences? Advice?
Thank you!
purrdrop
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Assault and perjury - advice/support

Postby purrdrop » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:40 am

Awful that he assaulted you. So sad, especially in front of the children. They should be kept well away from any violence and from seeing their parents fight. It's so bad for them. How are they feeling in all of this?

I would suggest getting a third party to drop off the children and collect them, or to be there if you suspect any violence. Is your ex a good parent? If he poses no threat to the children, he is within his rights to see them regularly, so I hope that you're able to come to some agreement about pick ups and drop offs.

if the police aren't taking this situation further, do you think it's worth getting a lawyer involved? Maybe think about mediation or counselling, as obviously it's the children who matter first in this instance.

Break ups are never easy or simple, but the less animosity, the better, for everyone.

Best of luck.
Smiling02
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Smiling02 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:00 am

Thank you Purrdrop.

Our situation has been going on for over a year. Everything you've mentioned has already been thought of and actioned. I haven't done a handover with him for 7 months, we don't go physically near one another, he has police bail conditions set on him re contact with me, we have already been through mediation, we are currently going through the court process to decide on 'contact arrangements', I currently have residence and he has court ordered limited supervised contact and his girlfriend is under court order to not be allowed to attend contact with the children. I think he is a good parent up to a point, but is emotionally harmful to the children (re abusive things he says) and has been physically violent to my daughter several times. This side of things is all relatively under control (?!) / being dealt with.

My issue/concern is about the girlfriend's perjured testimony. About what can be done about that. And that at some point the court order banning her from contact with the children might be lifted because I cannot prove that she perjured her statement and faked injuries, and I will never trust her anywhere near them, so that terrifies me.
purrdrop
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby purrdrop » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:20 am

He sounds like a bit of a dick!

You must be so stressed. X
Smiling02
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Smiling02 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:50 pm

Yes and yes!! :?
He and her are a very unpleasant pair, well suited!
But v worrying because of the children.
mertonmummy37
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby mertonmummy37 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:21 am

Hello there

I am a family lawyer and so would be very happy to speak to you if you would like to. Please PM me and we can then set something up.

I have just seen your message and so sorry if I am late or events have taken over.

All the best