So so fed up with Virgin Media. Can anyone recommend a decent broadband suppliet

5 posts
Bodders1
Options:
Share this post on:

So so fed up with Virgin Media. Can anyone recommend a decent broadband suppliet

Postby Bodders1 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:57 pm

Broadband speed seems to be getting slower and slower. No internet connection now for 2 days and apparently it won't be fixed for another three days. Hours spent on phone on hold to call centre in India and although call handlers are polite when you finally get through no one can help and when I asked for a refund for the inconvenience I was offered £4! (We pay £150 per month) :cry: After 10 years with virgin so fed up ready to give the business to someone else. Can anyone recommend a better broadband provider (we live in Sw18 near w common). Thank you!
ally30_1998
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: So so fed up with Virgin Media. Can anyone recommend a decent broadband suppliet

Postby ally30_1998 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:55 am

replying to this as wondered if anyone else having problems in SW11 area lately.
we have had problems with telephone since the summer - apparently related to worn out equipment at the box. have even put in a proper complaint - nothing so far.
according to the engineer we are not the only ones with this specific problem (random phone ringing to do with worn out line card) but the engineers cant do anything till they are authorised. we also pay almost £140 to virgin.
considering referral to Ofcom now - assuming they still exist.

would cancel and go elsewhere but we would like to stay with cable and VM are the only provider.
NicQ
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: So so fed up with Virgin Media. Can anyone recommend a decent broadband suppliet

Postby NicQ » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:26 pm

Oh my god, I think I'm going mad with Virgin! I call them up at least twice a week, almost daily have either poor or no broadband, have had numerous engineers visits, have spent literally hours on the phone and simply can't bear it any more!

We're off Clapham Common Northside, SW11. Is it just me?

Please can someone recommend who to go to? We used to be with BT and they were almost as bad.
ally30_1998
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby ally30_1998 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:04 am

An update...
After spending 3 hours on the phone to various departments at VM, they finally admitted that they wouldn’t be able to fix the issue for another 6-8 months.
So I cancelled the phones and have moved to BT.
Astonished doesn’t cover it.
I should follow up the complaint and claim the line rental back but at the moment I’m just glad it’s over!
So if anyone is having VM telephone issues on Bennerley Road don’t expect a fix anytime soon.
JayneS
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby JayneS » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:19 pm

I was with EE/orange and they were a total disaster. I'm now with Sky and the service and broadband is excellent.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.