Stolen Handbag!!!

9 posts
Abbevillemom
Options:
Share this post on:

Stolen Handbag!!!

Postby Abbevillemom » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:12 pm

On Saturday 12th January my Au Pair Josephines handbag was stolen at McDonalds in Clapham Junction. The really sad thing is this was her first night out in the area! Josephine for a split second took her eye off her bag and stolen right before her eyes. The thief would have run off with the bag and probably dumped its contents excluding the obvious being cash!
Josephines personal items have gone, but importantly we have lost the house keys.
The key is on a "J" keyring.

Please please should anybody have found or come across a small black crossbody bag, then please contact Sophie on 07779023212. 

This has been reported to the police on Lavender Hill.

Thank you

SW12Pops
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Stolen Handbag!!!

Postby SW12Pops » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:05 pm

So sorry to hear - hope she is not too shaken up.
Sheds
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Sheds » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:05 am

'Josephines personal items have gone, but importantly we have lost the house keys.'

I'm sure that you don't really mean what you have written above?  House keys can be replaced... personal items not so much.

How upsetting for her, it can feel such a violation.  Hope that she has good friends that she can venture out with, knowing that just because it happened once, doesn't mean that it will happen again.

Sending kindest to you all.
Bumpingalong82
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Bumpingalong82 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:41 am

Completely agree with Sheds, what an awful thing to put about the house keys over your poor au pairs personal items.
Stanka123
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Stanka123 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:03 am

Most importantly your house keys ?? Wow i can already tell you must be such a pleasant host mom lol!! Hope the poor girl is ok!!
https://nappyvalleynet.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/rampton-baseley-329%C3%97142px.jpg
https://www.portico.com/valuation/
http://www.ramptonbaseley.com/
dudette
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby dudette » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:54 am

Gosh - what a bunch of judgmental comments! “Personal items” means just that - things the girl owns - like a hairbrush or a lipstick. Why do you all jump to the conclusion she’s lost her family heirlooms? It’s quite scary when you or someone else loses your house keys. Who’s to say the thief didn’t follow her home to see where she lived? Honestly - you post something on here that’s completely innocuous and then you get shouted down by all the local virtue-signallers. Grrrrrrrr.
NYE31
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby NYE31 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:05 am

Well said Dudette, I couldn't agree more, the OP didn't say "most importantly" & having a missing set of house keys is a huge cause for concern!
Sheds
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Sheds » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:36 pm

'“Personal items” means just that - things the girl owns - like a hairbrush or a lipstick. Why do you all jump to the conclusion she’s lost her family heirlooms?'  That's interesting!  From experience, youngsters out today have to carry ID with them so there is every chance that the 'personal items' could consist of passport, driver licence or similar.  She may have had a debit card so the knock on is cancelling the card, sorting with the bank for a new card and managing finances whilst waiting for it to arrive, discovering whether your account has been emptied out or at least has had some funds removed.  Then there is a mobile phone which probably carries a multitude of information as well as treasured photos, etc, etc.  I have never heard of anyone going out on a night out with just a hairbrush OR a lipstick!  However unlikely it is that the girl was followed home so that the 'thief' could make use of the key there is a quick and easy solution - changing the locks, job done.  Can't see the equation particularly balanced by your comments dudette, yet if that's the way you see it so be it. 
sloaney donkey
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby sloaney donkey » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:13 pm

Thieves are everywhere

Everywhere

Take your phone out of your bag coming out of a station? Thieves wait at Clapham stations to do snatches.

Leave your handbag under a table? Rogues will take it out.

At night, I hear car doors open at 4am in the morning as my neighbours unlocked cars get opened

You watch out ... house keys, mobile, makeup, or just a bag worth more than the stuff in it

Thieves are everywhere

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.