Trewint Street: Objections mount to develop at Garratt Mills

1 post
Community Editor
Options:
Share this post on:

Trewint Street: Objections mount to develop at Garratt Mills

Postby Community Editor » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:01 am

Objections have flooded in against a proposed co-living space in Earlsfield, which would see development of a building with up to eight storeys featuring 292 rooms.

Residents in the Trewint Street area have rallied against the plans, distributing leaflets and contacting their councillor and MP for support.

Among the primary concerns raised were the size of the development, the general overdevelopment of the area, pollution, parking, and the living conditions within the proposed build.

Tooting MP Rosena Allin-Khan said: "The building of affordable homes remains my priority to alleviate the housing crisis, but I am concerned that this development will not see the construction of genuinely affordable homes for local residents.

“Furthermore, at 16 square metres each, these flats are rabbit hutches with the ability to fit three of them into a single tube carriage - I have real concerns about the quality of people's lives.

"The fantastic community feel which makes Earlsfield such an exciting place to live needs to be protected - I will continue to represent residents' views on this development to ensure our voices are heard."

Residents can still comment on the application on the Wandsworth Council website until May 1, which can be found on the website's planning portal using the reference 2019/1083.

For further info, visit: https://planning1.wandsworth.gov.uk/Nor ... I=PLANNING

Photo: Artist's impression of the development in Trewint Street 
Attachments
200837792.jpg.gallery.jpg

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.