Southfields woman is hoping to revolutionise the handbag market with customisable, sustainable clutch

3 posts
Community Editor
Options:
Share this post on:

Southfields woman is hoping to revolutionise the handbag market with customisable, sustainable clutch

Postby Community Editor » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:03 pm

Love fashion but want to be more eco-friendly with your purchasing?

Check out, inventor Laura Camerer Cuss's range of customisable clutches. 

Laura from Southfields was so fed up having to buy a different handbag for every big occasion that she took it upon herself to change all of that.

"We believe you shouldn’t have to damage the planet just to look good but we appreciate most people like a new look," she said.

"This is why we developed a bag which can be used time and again yet can be revitalised whenever you want."

Called Stitchsmith, the new handbag will allow owners to re-cover it using any fabric, whether new or upcycled, over and over again.

"It also has interchangeable clasps and straps making it completely customisable," Laura added.

"The result is a bag that gives you all of the benefits of a fashion product without the financial or environmental drawbacks.

"There are plenty of customisable bags on the market, but they can only be personalised at the point of purchase from a limited range of options.

"However, when you buy a Stitchsmith clutch, you’re free to style the bag with your own fabric choices and embellishments. Then you can remove these and re-cover the clutch all over again. If you need a helping hand, ready-made covers by Stitchsmith will also be available."

The Stitchsmith clutch is launching on Kickstarter on 30th April 2019 at 7am.

Orders will be fulfilled late 2019. The goal is to raise £60,000, which is the minimum required for the tooling and the first manufacturing run.

Retailing from £250, early-bird Kickstarter backers can purchase their clutch from £125.

To have a closer look at these stylish bags, visit: https://stitchsmith.com

Photo: Laura Camerer Cuss
Attachments
202247517.jpg.gallery.jpg
windmill26
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Southfields woman is hoping to revolutionise the handbag market with customisable, sustainable clutch

Postby windmill26 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:22 pm

Nice idea and nice clutch BUT I am not sure how practical it is for the average Nappyvalley woman. Anyway,good luck with it!
Diovin1
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Southfields woman is hoping to revolutionise the handbag market with customisable, sustainable clutch

Postby Diovin1 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:44 pm

Handbags are my weakness and my passion. I already have a collection of handbags that can be displayed at a fashion show. But only my friends have seen my collection. So I like this clutch because it's fashionable and can be a nice accessory for any outfit. And if we are talking about me, there are both branded handbags and replicas in my collection that are cheaper but not inferior in quality When I reached my credit card limit, I found a way to make online purchases. I found Maurielle's review of Luxurytastic , thanks to which I added a lot of beautiful and high-quality handbags of famous brands to my collection. These are luxury replicas but they cost me much less. Therefore I can say that these purchases improve my mood and make me feel better.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.