Save the date for the Northcote Road Festival on 14 July

5 posts
Community Editor
Options:
Share this post on:

Save the date for the Northcote Road Festival on 14 July

Postby Community Editor » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:28 am

The Northcote Road Festival is coming on Sunday 14th July, 12pm-6pm.

With over 100 stalls, street food and bars, live music, fun activities for children and the men's Wimbledon final on the big screen, what are you waiting for, stick it in your diary!

For more information, visit: http://www.northcoteroad.london/
Attachments
Northcote+Fest+Save+the+Date+Flyer+2019-01.jpeg
dudette
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Save the date for the Northcote Road Festival on 14 July

Postby dudette » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:44 am

Yet again this is taking place after the private schools have broken up when many families will be away. For some reason screening the men’s final seems to be more important than attracting local (and well-heeled!) families. I don’t get it.
Jonny Dyson Property Consultants
Share this post on:

Postby Jonny Dyson Property Consultants » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:10 am

Dear Dudette,

Thanks for posting, and I hope we can clear this up for you.

The main theme of the Northcote Festival has been the Wimbledon tennis finals for the last five years.  There are several reasons for this - firstly, it's a great focus that draws in a real mix of people to watch the big screen.  Football, cricket, motorsport etc are quite polarised in terms of audience, whereas Wimbledon tennis is quite quintessentially British, and garners support from many different social groups.  Secondly the whole event costs around £50,000 to put on, around half of which is provided by the businesses (it is organised by the Northcote Business Network after all).  As such, some of the shops are unhappy about bringing 150 traders to the street to compete with them, so we try to run the event on the quietest Sunday of the year - which has been proved to be the Wimbledon final Sunday.  Finally, it seems to be an odd suggestion to say that a community event should be timed to suit the "well healed" parents of private school children any more than it should be timed to suit the clearly not so "well healed" parents of those who have children in one of the many local state schools!!

This event has been running on this weekend for many years, and in our experience many of the private school parents will postpone their holidays for a week in order to stay in London for this event.

I hope this helps clear things up.

Jonathan
We offer clients invaluable insight and support in their acquisition, rental, investment and development of London residential property.
dudette
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby dudette » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:03 pm

Thank you for for your reply. It’s not at all an odd suggestion that the private school holiday dates should be taken into account as this is an affluent area with a large number of private schools and very many families have children who attend them. It’s not about favouring private schools over state ones as if you did the fair earlier then both state and private ones would be able to go. I would have thought that having more better-off people at the fair (and I realise that a great many, if not most, people in this area are relatively well off, at both private and state schools, as house prices are so high, so there’s no need for your snarky comment) would entice more stall holders and give them better returns. I used to love going to the fair with my kids and meeting all my neighbours but the last few years we have been unable to go as we are away. However I hadn’t realised that the shops on the road want the fair to happen during a quiet time which seems fair enough. It’s a great shame though that so many local families miss it as they make a quick getaway to make the most of cheaper and quieter holiday times once the private schools break up which they all did at the end of last week.
norfolkgirl
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby norfolkgirl » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:36 am

Looking forward to this as always. Is there a list of performance times? Would be useful to have so I can plan our day - toddler who would love to watch but won’t necessarily be patient enough to hang around...
https://nappyvalleynet.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/rampton-baseley-329%C3%97142px.jpg
https://www.portico.com/valuation/
http://www.ramptonbaseley.com/

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.