Jeremy Woods, Tennis Coach at Clapham Common Westside: R.I.P.

4 posts
LineBall Tennis/Siva
Share this post on:

Jeremy Woods, Tennis Coach at Clapham Common Westside: R.I.P.

Postby LineBall Tennis/Siva » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:24 pm

It is with sad regret that I announce to the local community the passing away of tennis coach Jeremy Woods, in the earl hours of this morning of 6th August 2019. He made no secret that he was diagnosed with terminal cancer of brain and lung, couple of months ago.

Noticing that he had not attended at his tennis vocation on Court 1 at Clapham Common Westside public courts the past three weekends, I had intended to enquire of his well-being fighting the tumor, in which complications ensued. So I asked after Jeremy from one of his recent clients that passed the local courts this morning and, suddenly he informed me of the death.

I take this opportunity to announce here, as fellow tennis-coach at said venue, and as he would have had a lot of local Clapham, Balham etc tennis players of all ages that would have been coached by him. Which covers over the long-years some 40+ years attendance at local courts in the weekends. Which was when I first knew Jeremy and had lessons with him. His tennis accolades are too many to go into here, aside of attaining a world-ranking as a veteran category player and writing a tennis manual.

Watch this space, and I will post here when I find out about arrangements for the funeral, for those who like to pay yjeir final respects.

Regards
Krishna Siva
SW12
SusieMorris
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Jeremy Woods, Tennis Coach at Clapham Common Westside: R.I.P.

Postby SusieMorris » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:55 pm

Any news on his funeral? Or have I missed it?
LineBall Tennis/Siva
Share this post on:

Postby LineBall Tennis/Siva » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:39 pm

Hi Susie Morris,

Indeed funeral is this Thursday!

GLL / Better, who are designated outsoucer for managing Lambeth Council municipal tennis facility at Clapham Common know more details (call 0207 223 9837). I have not had the endeavour to ask them opportunely - sorry!

Krishna Siva
Yuki-I
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Yuki-I » Sun May 30, 2021 1:54 pm

I used to take his tennis lesson every weekend in Clapham Common and he was always nice, cheerful, respectful. I clearly remember all this even though it was 25 years ago… All my condolences to his family, loved ones, and friends. Yuki Imamura, his Japanese student.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.