Teenager stabbed to death in Brixton

1 post
admin-caroline
Options:
Share this post on:

Teenager stabbed to death in Brixton

Postby admin-caroline » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:29 pm

Solomon Small, 18, was knifed in a road of terraced Victorian houses in Brixton at around 2pm yesterday.
His killer gave him a “fist bump”, before slashing him in the neck and chest in front of the terrified girl he was with who fled for her own safety, witnesses said.

Medics battled to save Solomon in the street but he was pronounced dead 40 minutes later. His distraught mother was heard screaming “My son, my son” as she rushed to the scene from her home nearby.

Witnesses said the victim, who was training to be a mechanic, was attacked as he walked with a young woman in Corrance Road, where family houses sell for £900,000. 

A 17-year-old boy was arrested in nearby Tremadoc Road shortly after the attack and was being questioned by detectives today.

A friend said: "Someone followed them and Solomon knew who he was, so he gave him a fist bump. But the girl he was with saw that the guy had a knife and got in between Solomon and the guy. Solomon grabbed the guy and told her to run. As he did that, the guy stabbed him. She ran off but she could see Solomon getting stabbed in the neck and chest."

A friend of the victim said he was a “loving person” who was not involved in gangs and had been raised near to where he was killed.
Others suggested Solomon and his attacker had recently fallen out over a £10 debt. 
One friend said: “I know people who were close to the situation. There was tenner owed that’s what it was all about. That’s why he stabbed him, all over that. What a waste.”

Scotland Yard said anyone with information about the murder in Brixton should call police on 101 quoting CAD 3821/15aug.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/b ... 14756.html

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.