Marks and Spencers Food hall opens on St John's Road, Battersea

5 posts
Community Editor
Options:
Share this post on:

Marks and Spencers Food hall opens on St John's Road, Battersea

Postby Community Editor » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:21 pm

The Marks and Spencers on St John's Road reopened today as a new and improved food hall and it is amazing!

They are even growing their own fresh herbs instore - a retail first in the UK!

Pop in. You will not be disappointed with the vast array of food available.

You will certainly not get stuck with your five a day at the fruit and veg counters!

It's not just any food - it's M&S food! Enjoy!

Attachments
8150c7f5-ba33-478f-ae83-d36f3c055993.JPG
660f6520-bdea-4538-b4d5-35376cfcd445.JPG
Ratski
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Marks and Spencers Food hall opens on St John's Road, Battersea

Postby Ratski » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:27 am

Have to say I am bit disappointed with this newly refurbished store it seems to be all style and no substance.

No fresh meat, fish or cheese counters just the usual stuff all wrapped in single use plastics. Vegetables looking way past their best and aisles of gopping ready meals, certainly nothing worth tempting me away from Moxens, Hennessy’s and the other good independent grocers.

The pizza oven where they unpackage one of their ready made pizzas before cooking it and then putting into another cardboard box to take away in, also seems a pretty daft idea to me.

Pleased to see more tills and a self service area as that is what was lacking in the old store and the free SW11 bag will make a nice xmas present for the mother but apart from that it’s all a bit meh.
rubyonrails
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby rubyonrails » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:53 pm

Wow I am so surprised. I thought it was hugely impressive when I visited. 
Loved the atmosphere, the bigger variety of everything from fruit and vegetables to bread (less in plastic), cakes, wine etc. There is also a really big selection of non M&S household and parenting brands at the back of the store, really useful.

I know what you mean about the pizza oven but I couldn't see that the ready meal section had increased, there just seemed to be way more fresh food options ready prepared for cooking, if that makes sense?? I'm sure the section had a name but it escapes me. Salads to go were also fab. Lots of options.

I think that they have done a wonderful job and I hope it does really well. 

ThePeelClinic
Share this post on:

Postby ThePeelClinic » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:38 am

I am very surprised at the negative review my wife and I have used the new M&S quite a lot since it opens. It has a huge range of food, daily food tastings, wine and coffee tastings, no long queues at the tills, self service tills and all sorts. I can see some of the local stores including Waitrose will suffer as a result of it opening but they will have to up their game. My wife and I hope it does well as they have made food shopping a very pleasant experience.
NoodleFan
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby NoodleFan » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:48 am

Love the fact you can scan stuff on the app as you go round and put it straight in a bag, avoiding queuing at all.
(The roasted chickens are delicious too)
http://www.ramptonbaseley.com/
https://nappyvalleynet.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/rampton-baseley-329%C3%97142px.jpg
https://www.portico.com/valuation/

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.