Consultation open until 6 December on Fishponds Playing Fields, 91/93 Hebdon Road, SW17 7NW
Increasing access to Fishponds Playing Fields in Hebdon Road and improving its facilities would bring real benefits to the community. Let the Council know your views in the consultation just launched.
There will be a drop in session at the Playing Fields today to explain the proposals and answer questions on
• Monday 4 November 2019, 3pm to 5.30pm
You’re invited to complete an online survey at:
https://haveyoursay.citizenspace.com/wa ... fields-19/
For more information, contact the Council at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 0203 959 0060.
The Council want to hear your views on which improved facilities you would like to see at the site. This will inform the next stage of the process where groups will be invited to bid to maintain and manage the playing fields and to propose any upgrading of the site's facilities.
The council carried out an initial consultation in October 2018 to understand whether people are visiting the playing fields, what activities they take part in and the public's views on a proposal to provide natural play equipment on the site.
The consultation found that:
- 43% of those who responded never visited the playing fields before
- 89% agreed with the proposal to give public access to the playing fields when the site is in use
- 88% agreed with the proposal to provide natural play equipment for local families to use on the playing fields.
The council has been approached to consider seeking a partner to manage Fishponds Playing Fields on a long-term lease arrangement. Investment from this arrangement will help to improve the changing rooms and sports pitches and enhance access to the site, which will include the neighbourhood open space.
They would ensure:
- Existing users are protected for the length of the contract
- Priority of use is allocated for the outdoor playing pitches
- Sporting activities continue to include cricket, football and school use
- Greater community use and access to the facility
The results of this consultation will help to inform the community and social aspects of the process, where they will invite groups to bid to maintain and manage the playing fields.
Please note that they are unable to consider opening the playing fields to dogs due to a dog control order in place at the site.
Current arrangement for use of Fishponds Playing Fields
The site is a self contained sport and playing field venue, currently managed by the council's ground maintenance contractor, idverde which manages pitch bookings. There are grass fields for summer and winter sports and changing room facilities.