Police resources

6 posts
ActiveArt
Options:
Share this post on:

Police resources

Postby ActiveArt » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:51 am

I really feel the need to share my concerns over local policing, with the Stabbing at Clapham South this week and the reported lack of policing on our streets, why was it a priority to place 1 policewoman and 1 police man on the short path between the tennis courts and Skylark cafe on Wandsworth Common for 3 hrs on Thursday, with the purpose of giving out warnings to dog walkers who hadn’t put their dogs on the lead and cyclist who hadn’t dismounted. I’m horrified and question who is making these decisions over our police resources. I asked the policeman why we don’t see police around the rest of the common at different times of the day to deter the drug dealing and young people gathering at night on the common and to reduce muggings. I was told they only work a day shift and if you see something happening on the common we should call the emergency services, I thought emergency serves were at breaking point! I don’t understand why police resources aren’t being priorities to our street to deal with and deter serious crime and protect young people.
juliantenniscoach
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Police resources

Postby juliantenniscoach » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:47 pm

Well said.
Starr
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Starr » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:13 pm

10 years of useless Tories
Who you voted for basically
Luvnyrick
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Luvnyrick » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:25 pm

Couldn't agree more I called the police last week when 3 boys managed to get into our private garage s in Lombard road there intentions were to steal the bikes called police gave up waiting didn't turn up useless
Luvnyrick
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Luvnyrick » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:30 pm

What we need here is a new mayor he took all our police off the streets wishful thinking!!!
rubyonrails
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby rubyonrails » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:53 am

Here here. The stabbing at Clapham South was the second on that particular stretch in 6/9 months. And there was another on the opposite side of the common just after the first stabbing. Very sad but I agree with Luvnyric where are the police and the extra resources politicians keep promising.