Following the success of the Good Neighbour restaurant, which opened in Camberwell in early 2018, a second site is coming to Tooting Broadway on 26 February.
Australian chef Paul Williamson and founder of Good Neighbour is keen to spread both his love of artisan wines and adventurous small plates to Tooting.
In charge of the kitchen is Spanish chef Josue Otero, and alongside superb coffee from other acclaimed Antipodeans, Caravan roastery, there’ll be sharing plates that span vegetarian/vegan, seafood and meat options. Here’s a sample of what’s on offer:
- Harissa roast cauliflower, hummus, flaked almonds, date molasses
- Gorgonzola walnut-filled gnocchi with wild mushrooms and brown butter sauce
- Ox cheeks, smoked mash, crispy shallots, carrot chips, salsa verde
- Lamb shoulder tournedos, dauphinoise potato, romesco, shallots, salsa verde
- Miso cod and savoy cabbage ‘parcels’, sweetcorn, pickled fennel, lotus root
- Crispy squid with wasabi salt and lime coriander mayonnaise
It’s not just about the food, though. Good Neighbour Camberwell’s popular wine tastings program will also be a feature in Tooting. Sell-out events, they give punters the chance to meet wine buyers and winemakers for tutored tastings.
In addition to beer and other cocktails, they’re also promising Tooting’s best Bloody Mary - brunch is served every Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
: 102 Tooting High Street, Tooting Broadway, SW17 0RR
When does it open? -
26 February 2020