Wandsworth Work Match and Citizens Advice Wandsworth are holding a free e-information session about the EU Settlement Scheme and the rights of EU nationals.
The event will be on Monday June 8 from 10am to 11.30am and will be a presentation followed by a question and answer session.
The presentation will cover:
- How Brexit will affect EU nationals living in the UK
- How to apply under the EU Settlement Scheme (settled and pre-settled status)
- Your options in regards with British Citizenship
- How to help our European friends, colleagues and neighbours to retain their rights
- The session will be delivered via Microsoft Teams and it requires access to a computer, smartphone or tablet. A link to join the event will be sent in advance to attendees. This session is only open to people living or working in Wandsworth.
Citizens Advice Wandsworth is commissioned by the council to provide information to its citizens who are EU nationals ahead of the June 30, 2021 deadline for applications to the EU Settlement Scheme. This is the latest in a string of information events, previously delivered at the town hall and other venues, but now held online. It is the second to be co-delivered with Work Match. See the presentation at the previous meeting online.
Wandsworth Work Match is a council service providing support to Wandsworth resident to find jobs and prepare for work. It is working with Citizens Advice Wandsworth to ensure EU citizens who work in Wandsworth have the information they need to remain in the country post-Brexit if they wish.
Leader of the Council Ravi Govindia said: “Whatever one’s view of Brexit, we believe it is vital to ensure none of the EU national living in the borough miss the chance to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. They make a huge contribution to our public services and our economy.
“We have held many meetings and helped hundreds of people apply so far, so I’m pleased to see we have found a way to continue to support people during this crucial time.”
Places can be booked on Eventbrite https://protect-eu.mimecast.com/s/OASTC ... ain=bit.ly
or by calling Sonia Wilson on 0208 871 5165 / 07989448237
Find out more about support for EU citizens in Wandsworth see https://cawandsworth.org/our-projects/eu-project/