Tooting’s Meat and Shake to feed the homeless two nights a week

1 post
Community Editor
Options:
Share this post on:

Tooting’s Meat and Shake to feed the homeless two nights a week

Postby Community Editor » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:48 am

556_n_1_113_1.jpg

After vowing to offer free school lunches to children for the entirety of half term, Meat and Shake Tooting have now announced they will be feeding the homeless two nights a week.

The popular burger and milkshake restaurant has said they will feed the vulnerable in London every Wednesday and Thursday night.

People who are in need of a meal will be able to visit the store to order a takeaway from 10pm - 10:30pm.

The offer will continue into next year.

Usama Siddique, owner of Meat and Shake, said:

"I am humbled and privileged to be in a position to put something back into the community.

"It’s a humbling experience, nourishment for my soul.

"As a business, we are under moral obligation to stretch our hand to those who fall into these traps.

"I have been in a habit of speaking to homeless individuals, in the street over the years and many times came across heartbreaking stories.

"Mostly, homelessness is an outcome of broken homes, parents with drug addiction, alcoholism, domestics violence or child abuse.

"Once a child is on the street then there is no Teflon. Society is the only Teflon and must play its part."

The popular Upper Tooting Road restaurant will be offering free meals to schoolchildren from 12pm - 5pm every day through half term.

Many eateries around the country have offered their services after Marcus Rashford's call for an extension of free school meals to include half term and Christmas was rejected by the government.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.