Severe weather warning for London ahead of heavy rain

2 posts
Community Editor
Options:
Share this post on:

Severe weather warning for London ahead of heavy rain

Postby Community Editor » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:09 pm

THE Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for heavy rain across the south of England this week, including London. 

Forecasters are warning that heavy rain showers may lead to travel disruption and flooding in places.

The weather warning is in place from midnight on Wednesday until 3am on Thursday. It comes after flooding in the past week which caused disruptions on roads and railways and flooded some homes across the country.

Photo: Mike Winyard - Tooting Common footpaths and the Triangle Playground flooded after heavy rain last week

What to expect

- Flooding of a few homes and businesses is likely
- Bus and train services probably affected with journey times taking longer
- Spray and flooding on roads probably making journey times longer
- Some interruption to power supplies and other services likely

ImagePhoto: Mike Winyard
annamariapreobrajenskaya
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Severe weather warning for London ahead of heavy rain

Postby annamariapreobrajenskaya » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:54 pm

Yes, I remember exactly the day this storm happened and I was scared. I do not like rainy weather. This gives me some anxiety. Besides, there are now almost all reasons for this. The rain caused a lot of damage to our house (which we had been building for several years !!!) and we were desperate. Then my husband and his friend who worked at ssrestore.com began to rebuild the house. It was months of work! But we were able to return our house to the debate, although the damage from the water was quite significant