Merton doctor uses TikTok to tackle Covid myths among young people

10 posts
Community Editor
Options:
Share this post on:

Merton doctor uses TikTok to tackle Covid myths among young people

Postby Community Editor » Thu May 06, 2021 2:21 pm

This Merton doctor has found a creative way to inform youngsters about the coronavirus pandemic. Dr Mohan Sekeram, GP Principal of Wideway Medical Practice, has been using TikTok to provide 'life saving' advice to teenagers. 

The doctor has managed to reach thousands of young people - with one of his videos being viewed as much as 45,000 times. In his videos, he can be seen taking on the latest TikTok challenges, addressing health issues such as diabetes and speaking on concerns surrounding the Covid-19 vaccine. 

His verified platform offers youngsters the chance to ask questions and receive medical advice from both himself and the characters he plays.

Speaking on the reasons behind why he started the social media account, he said: "I was approached by Team Halo [ UN backed organisation] to support vaccine hesitancy," he said.

"The team comprises of a group of scientists and clinicians. They introduced me to TikTok and gave me some tips on how to use it."

The Merton GP says he wanted to address concerns behind the vaccine so that people could make an informed decision. Speaking about what people think of his videos, he said: "They have been received fairly well. "I’ve received a mixture of pleasant questions, curious questions and trolls.

"I try to get the life-saving messages across in a fun engaging way. 

"TikTok is a good platform to reach out to a younger audience as the vaccine is being made available gradually to younger people."

He added: "I have heard many concerns raised that need answering and it is now even more vital we make sure that everyone has the correct facts as there can be so much misleading content on social media.

"This is one medium which may appeal to an audience and reach out to a group who may not engage with existing methods.

"Social media can reinforce positive messages and counteract myths and incorrect facts. 

"We want to make sure people know the coronavirus vaccine is safe and effective and remains our best protection against Covid-19."

Dr Sekeram can be found on TikTok at @docmerton and can also be found on Twitter with the username @SekeramMoha.
sw11mumof3
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Merton doctor uses TikTok to tackle Covid myths among young people

Postby sw11mumof3 » Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:11 pm

Dr John Campbell.
chorister
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby chorister » Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:25 pm

Ah yes, Dr John Campbell, a nurse educator (according to Wikipedia) which obviously is the ultimate qualification for commenting on a pandemic. Don’t listen to the charlatan, or those he has taken in and so recommend him.
ronangel
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby ronangel » Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:33 am

The next pandemic to hit the UK it seems is The dreaded lurgi  (USA) cooties. Last heard of at your school about 60 years ago or less but suddenly coming back with a  vengeance! It will spread like wildfire with the latest advanced evolved strain but not to worry all a person has to do to get rid of it is to touch another person and it will be instantly transferred leaving them free of it, unless the person chases them and touches them transferring it back. So no pointless masks or distancing directly opposite in fact.or deadly vaccines! This will be fun on crowded underground trains and public transport where you can't get away from the person next to you. So when you hear the loud cry of "You have got the lurgi" you know the fun on the way to work has begun.--------------------------
This is probably a new name for it to get people to take the new vaccine!
It takes six months to test a vaccine in that time this new whatever will have mutatedso will be as useless for one as for the common cold!

ronangel
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby ronangel » Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:36 am

And on the point of masks...See what the doctors say.
https://www.ssrichardmontgomery.com/dow ... chmask.mp4
https://www.portico.com/valuation/
http://www.ramptonbaseley.com/
https://nappyvalleynet.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/rampton-baseley-329%C3%97142px.jpg
ronangel
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby ronangel » Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:35 pm

People who have had the COVID-19 vaccine are also at greater risk as it has a long-term effect of destroying the immune system, which some people other than the mainstream media say was its purpose which is to depopulate the world! Read and refer to other than government sources before having any further vaccines. This may be as "they" say a conspiracy theory and laugh at you but remember it is your body and life and there is no going back if you make the wrong choice. Get Independent Advice!
NOT from your Doctor or anyone working for the NHS as they have to say what the Government tells them.

Just ask Have you had the vaccine and will you be having the latest one? Forget their answer just watch reaction if yes!
chorister
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby chorister » Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:54 pm

@ronangel - just out of interest, how do you decide who is credible and independent and should be listened to, if you reject qualified people making their views known through the MSM?  
Alixandre
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Alixandre » Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:16 am

@chorister

Try some research on your own;

1. How many vaxxed do you know who have been sick with Covid - Is the vax effective?
2. How many people do you know who were religiously masking and still got Covid - Do masks work?
3. Do you know anyone who had an adverse reaction to the vaccing - Is the vax safe?

See, you don't have to wait for an expert to tell you what to think.
chorister
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby chorister » Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:27 am

@Alixandre - I'm afraid I know far, far too much about statistics to place any reliance on an ad hoc (and probably subconsciously self-selected) sample of people I happen to know who have chosen to share their medical histories with me.

See, you really do have to have expertise.

ronangel
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby ronangel » Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:41 am

Read stuff here:

Join GAB.com
Totaly uncensered write what you want!
https://gab.com/search/groups?q=covid
Read the truth!
Last edited by ronangel on Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.