Wandsworth woman denies dangerous driving after school crash

6 posts
Community Editor
Options:
Share this post on:

Wandsworth woman denies dangerous driving after school crash

Postby Community Editor » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:44 pm

A woman has denied dangerous driving after a car hit a group of children outside Beatrix Potter Primary School last year.

The woman 38, of Wandsworth, was accused of mounting the pavement in her Toyota Rav4 and colliding with a number of pupils and parents, in Openview, Earlsfield on September 8.

She pleaded not guilty to eight counts of causing serious injury by dangerous driving, during a short hearing at Wimbledon Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday.

The court heard that some children were left with “serious” fractures to the leg, arm and eye socket, while another was left with a head injury requiring emergency treatment to remove a blood clot.

Paramedics and London’s Air Ambulance were called to the scene at around 3.11pm on the day of the incident.

Eleven people, including seven children, were treated at the scene, with four adults and five children taken to hospital while two children were discharged.

A tree and roadside furniture were also struck during the incident.

The accused was granted unconditional bail and will appear at Kingston Crown Court on June 29.
charscarles
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Wandsworth woman denies dangerous driving after school crash

Postby charscarles » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:56 am

Please can you remove or edit this post. I’m not sure that it is appropriate at all to have the details published for all to see of a tragic accident that is exactly that. I’m have no doubt they are in the public domain anyway but to have them sent out amongst the community is not necessary. Thank you 🙏
catboo1
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby catboo1 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:33 am

I know it’s makes shocking reading, but the reality is it did happen. I was there at the time, walking to pick up with a BP parent. We were extremely shaken and shocked. Thankfully my friends daughter wasn’t hurt. We have since been wondering whether the driver was prosecuted and waiting for a follow up, so I will pass this information onto the friend who has since moved out of London. Thanks for posting the update.
EmmaCol
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby EmmaCol » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:30 am

I appreciate those impacted by this accident would want to know what the follow up to the accident was. I was also nearby and witnessed it. This information is in the public domain and available for those who want it/need it.
I do think it is very inappropriate to have this as your lead article, bringing this to the attention of the whole community and naming the individual. You have given no respect to this person and their family who will also be suffering from the impact of this horrific accident.
Annabel (admin)
Site Admin
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Annabel (admin) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:31 am

Morning All, thank you for your comments and your messages.

The post has been edited to remove the name of the woman in question.

A
charscarles
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby charscarles » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:35 am

Thank you 🙏