Make sure you get that all-important second jab sorted out soon

1 post
Community Editor
Options:
Share this post on:

Make sure you get that all-important second jab sorted out soon

Postby Community Editor » Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:19 pm

Have you had your second Covid-19 vaccination yet?

If you had your first dose over eight weeks ago, you need to make sure you get your second dose arranged as soon as possible.

With Covid-19 cases on the rise, leading South West London GP Dr Nicola Jones is encouraging everyone to get two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine.

“The first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine offers a high level of protection, but to get maximum and longer-lasting protection, that second jab is vital. So, I would urge everyone who is eligible to get it as soon as possible,” she said.

“If you had your first dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine on or before mid-April, we’re now inviting you to one of the walk-in clinics we’ve organised to make things quicker and easier for you – no appointment is needed.”

You can find a link to all available walk-in clinics here. They include Centre Court Wimbledon which is holding walk-in clinics until 20 June.

Alternatively, book or manage your existing appointment here.

Councillor Clare Salier, Cabinet member for adult care and health said:

“Being double vaccinated is the only way to ensure you’re getting the maximum protection for yourself and for your loved ones.

“So, please do your bit and get your Covid-19 vaccine, as soon as you are eligible and make sure you get that all-important second jab.”

Last week, Wandsworth Council spoke to people who’d just had their second Covid-19 vaccinations at Queen Mary’s Hospital in Roehampton,

“I’ve just my second jab and I feel really happy. I would strongly advise everyone who hasn’t had their second or even first jab to go and have it done as soon as possible!” Natalie.

“I was very ill with Covid-19 in January and it was rotten. You don’t want to go through that. I recommend anybody who hasn’t had the vaccination yet to go and get it. One of my sons has diabetes and I have to protect him too. Don’t miss out.” Maura

If you’re apprehensive about your jab, our friendly and helpful teams are on the spot to reassure you.  Our volunteers come from all walks of life and they - and our trained medical staff - will listen to all your concerns and talk you through the process.

We owe it to ourselves and everyone around us to make sure as many of us get fully vaccinated as soon as possible. 

So, don’t delay, sort out your second jab today.

Do make sure that you had something to eat and are fully hydrated before your vaccination – especially if the weather is hot and sunny.

If you have any questions about vaccination find out more here.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.