Holocaust Memorial Day ‘One Day’ to remember and reflect

1 post
Community Editor
Options:
Share this post on:

Holocaust Memorial Day ‘One Day’ to remember and reflect

Postby Community Editor » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:08 pm

Lambeth’s 2022 Holocaust Memorial Day commemoration will take place online on Sunday, 23 January at 3.00pm, with speakers Cllr Claire Holland, Leader of Lambeth Council and Cllr Annie Gallop, Mayor of Lambeth joining presenters, readers and singers.

Lambeth’s 2022 Holocaust Memorial Day commemoration on Sunday, 23 January will remember, honour and share stories from those persecuted in the Holocaust and subsequent genocides.

Commemoration
Many governments have legislated for January 27 as an annual Holocaust Memorial Day – an international day of commemoration to honour the victims of the Holocaust. The UN Resolution establishing International Holocaust Remembrance Day urges every member nation to honour the memory of victims, and encourages the development of educational programs about history to help prevent future acts of genocide – learning from the past for a better future. 

‘One Day’

The theme for 2022 set by the Holocaust Memorial Day Trust is “One Day’. There are many ways to read this.
The world together puts aside one day to remember victims, in the hope that one day there will be no genocide.

Contributions 
Lambeth’s Holocaust Memorial Day 2022 programme starts online at 3pm on 23 January.

MC: Clive Hershman
Welcome by Councillor Annie Gallop, Mayor of Lambeth
Ich Benk (‘I long’) sung by Cantor Helen Leneman
‘Reflections on a visit to Cambodia’ by Paul Infield
Memories of a Cambodia Survivor by Sophari Ashley;
‘The Story of the White Cup’ by Roger Mitchell a poem read by Dunraven School Student Olivia Boyle
Eli Eli (‘My God, My God’) sung Maya Jaffe
‘A Dream’ by Avraham Koplowicz a poem read by Dunraven School Student Flo Gill
Oifn Forel (‘On a wagon bound for market’) sung by Rabbi Nathan Godleman
Councillor Claire Holland, Leader of Lambeth Council
Closing remarks: Clive Hershman

This event is arranged by the Lambeth Community HMD Planning Group, who thank all the participants.

More information
Find out more about World Holocaust Memorial Day

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.