Police appeal after cyclist seriously injured in collision at the junctions of Battersea Bridge Road and Cheyne Walk.

8 posts
Community Editor
Options:
Share this post on:

Police appeal after cyclist seriously injured in collision at the junctions of Battersea Bridge Road and Cheyne Walk.

Postby Community Editor » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:12 pm

Officers are appealing for witnesses after a cyclist was seriously injured in a collision in south-west London.

Police were called at 08:14hrs on Thursday, 13 January to reports of a collision involving a lorry and a cyclist at the junctions of Battersea Bridge Road and Cheyne Walk.

Officers attended along with London Ambulance Service and London's Air Ambulance. The cyclist, a woman aged in her 30s, was taken to hospital with life-changing injuries. Her next of kin have been told.

The driver of the lorry stopped at the scene.

Enquiries into the circumstances are ongoing and detectives from the Met's Serious Collision Investigation Unit would like to hear from any witnesses or drivers who were in the area at the time.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Witness Appeal Line on 020 8543 5157. Alternatively, call 101 or tweet @MetCC quoting CAD 1391/13Jan.
readysteadycook
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Police appeal after cyclist seriously injured in collision at the junctions of Battersea Bridge Road and Cheyne Walk

Postby readysteadycook » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:52 pm

I have seen so many cyclist jumping red lights recently (and undertaking lorries) - if thats what happened here, the cyclist has nobody to blame but herself.

The roads are really dangerous in London - please keep to the rules everyone.
JamTart
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Police appeal after cyclist seriously injured in collision at the junctions of Battersea Bridge Road and Cheyne Walk

Postby JamTart » Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:28 pm

I think you may have misread: they are appealing for witnesses, not ill-informed opinions from judgmental fortune-tellers who can look into their crystal ball and see what happened at Battersea Bridge by reading an appeal on this site.
CycleSafe
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby CycleSafe » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:18 pm

I have to say I’m stunned.

“Only herself to blame?”

Really?

I cycle in London every day and the speed limit on our roads in SW12 is mainly 20mph.

I have a speedometer on my bike and there is not one single car that has EVER driven at or below this speed limit if the road ahead of them is clear.

Not one.

And if I cycle at 20mph they often tailgate and beep at me.

Or if I am cycling down a road and I have priority because I moved off first then very very few cars will wait for me to pass, most of them pull out forcing me to give way. This happens so often that I don’t even register it. I only remember the black Range Rover that did it this morning as the driver pulled out into me and she was on the phone too.

So every day that I cycle I am at risk because motorists don’t even register when they’re breaking the law as they do it so often.

So your “law breakers deserve everything they get” is an argument so devoid of merit that it’s a joke.

But don’t worry about that - the law change coming into force which gives cyclists priority over other road users is going to stamp so many points on crap drivers driving licences that they’re going to think they’re on a Saturday night gameshow.

And our helmet cameras mean that us cyclists can dob you into the police through the new met police portal so we can help you hit those magic 12 points even quicker.

And if you think I’m joking please Google Magic Mikey cycling camera or Jeremy Vine.
BatterseaGirl1
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby BatterseaGirl1 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:38 am

My thoughts are with the cyclist and I hope she recovers soon. It seems like a horrid accident that none of us know the background to.

I think the temperature needs to turn down. I am mainly a pedestrian / public transport person, and While there are lots of careless drivers doing silly things, I also have seen many cyclists on their phones, without helmets, 2 ear phones in their ears, and I’ve never seen one stop at a red light before. If drivers submitted dash cam footage of cyclists running red lights they would never get anything else done all day.

All this vigilante “dobbing in” is surely not healthy for our society and it works both ways sadly.
https://www.portico.com/valuation/
http://www.ramptonbaseley.com/
https://nappyvalleynet.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/rampton-baseley-329%C3%97142px.jpg
EHMorris
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby EHMorris » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:53 am

My thoughts are with the cyclist AND the lorry driver. I hope the circumstances of the accident can be verified.
Kirstie’s Mom
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Kirstie’s Mom » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:32 am

Lorries and cyclists are never a good mix I wish the woman well . I and my partner drive at 20 mph as do the cars around me so not sure where you cycle. Also if you want to have credibility I wouldn’t evoke Jeremy Vine . This is a guy who blamed anti LTN campaigners for vandalism in Chiswick when tulips were beheaded in the garden of a very vocal LTN supporter when the supporter actually admitted in a earlier tweet squirrels ate the flowers every year . Vine makes things up .
Pjunggomez
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Pjunggomez » Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:47 pm

"only herself to blame"??

I wish the affected cylist a quick recovery.

And to the person who posted this comment about "herself to blame" a recovery from your combination of ignorance and arrogance if that is still possible.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.