A moment of ‘me-time’ in a box’ - A new monthly subscription that encourages busy mums to fill their cup

1 post
thebirthofmum
Share this post on:

A moment of ‘me-time’ in a box’ - A new monthly subscription that encourages busy mums to fill their cup

Postby thebirthofmum » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:57 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm based in Battersea and have just launched a new business - a self-care subscription box just for busy mums.

As a trained coach, I have always waxed-lyrical about the importance of self-care and taking time out to recharge, but I found it really hard to fit it all in once I became a mum. Speaking with other mum friends, I know I'm not the only who struggles to make proper time to look after myself without feeling guilty and so I hope this subscription box will help to combat this and have a positive impact on other mums mental and physical health.

A bit about the box...

The Birth of Mum Box, a Battersea based company that delivers luxury lifestyle and beauty products to subscriber’s doors each month, with the mission of helping busy mums properly nurture themselves. What makes The Birth of Mum Box different to any other subscription box, is that it centres around specially designed ‘quests’ that follow a different self-care or personal growth theme each month. Each of the carefully selected items in the box will support the subscriber in completing their self-care quest as well as being beautiful products in their own right. I really wanted the boxes to provide mums with a real, tangible benefit, not just be a pretty box of ‘stuff. The first ever box was June's ‘Mindfulness Box’, which featured three quest cards to help mums integrate a more mindful approach into their everyday lives. To support these quests came a lovely glass sand timer from HAY.dk, a silver plated lotus flower bracelet, a Villiers London aromatherapy roll-on, a delicious raw chocolate bar and a natural clay face mask. All the items come individually wrapped and numbered, adding extra intrigue and excitement to the unboxing experience. 
The box will be on pause over September whilst I make a few changes to the format of the box and try to make it more accessible to a wider audience of mums. I'll also be adding a shop that will feature a 'shop the box' section and also The Birth of Mum branded beauty products.

I'd really love your feedback on ways to make the box amazing and the types of things you would want to see featured inside the box, so please feel free to message me with any suggestions.

I'd also like to offer fellow Nappy Valleyers a 10% discount on your 1st purchase. Just use the code METIME10 at the checkout.

Kaya x
What's inside the box.jpg
Attachments
BFC6EC25-316A-482C-B005-A740F436190C.JPEG
4539ED73-8C9B-40D6-B32E-99D1435A4ED8.JPEG
www.thebirthofmum.com
@thebirthofmum

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.