The event, organised by Jim Sutton, Associate Pastor at Balham Baptist Church, will focus on certain Balham men who lost their lives between 1914-18.
Groups will gather at the home addresses of these men and then proceed to Bedford Hill Place, where they will participate in a shared ceremony.
The local community is invited to join the ceremony.
The schedule for 11th November 2018 is:
- 10.30am – Groups gather at mustering points
- 10.40am – Processions arrive at Bedford Hill Place
- 10.45am – Observance at Bedford Hill Place
- 11am – Two-minute silence
- 11.05am – Observance ends
- 32 Kate Street (now on the grounds of Chestnut Grove Academy) – the home of George William Dunham (1892–1916).
- 10 Rowfant Road – the home of John Hamilton Beale (1886–1918) & Stephen Spencer Beale (1893–1918).
- 29 Elmfield Road – the home of Harry Bailey (1894–1915).
- 38 Sistova Road – the home of Geoffrey Tolhurst Cruttenden (1899–1918).
- 28 Dinsmore Road – the home of Bertram Douglas Laughton (1894–1917).