Grocery deliveries

8 posts
BrianP
Options:
Share this post on:

Grocery deliveries

Postby BrianP » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:09 am

Hi all
After I received my Gov.UK text last night instructing me to stay indoors, I decided to plan ahead and book a grocery delivery with my usual supplier, Tesco. They are displaying only 3 weeks' worth of delivery slots,  all full.  Nearest click & collect is New Malden,  4 miles away.  Does anyone else have experience with other supermarkets (that you're willing to share)? :roll: Thanks.
geminlondon
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Grocery deliveries

Postby geminlondon » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:46 pm

I'd recommend trying new Covent Garden market as a lot of the grocers are offering delivery. I also purchased fish from The Upper Scale who offer fresh fish delivery, and saw that Chadwick's are delivering meat.

Hope that helps!
Joannabond
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Joannabond » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:56 pm

Please can you tell me who to contact at New Covent Garden?
LifestyleMum
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby LifestyleMum » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:47 pm

Perhaps you might find this link useful...
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... M/htmlview

Someone from a local neighbourhood forum had kindly put this together. At least it is a start.

Good luck! 🙏🏽
Abbevilleteacher
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Abbevilleteacher » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:16 pm

Hi,

I got a box of vegetables from Smith and Brock....

https://www.knock-knock-groceries.com/

Starfish33
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Starfish33 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:50 am

Hi,

We’ve been getting veg/fruit boxes, bread,milk,eggs, pasta,ham,cheese, tea, coffee, butter, orange juice and loo rolls from Food Republic. They usually deliver to local cafes and restaurants so food quality is high and the delivery time is usually less than 2 days. I think they are also going to add meat boxes to the options soon
too.

FE652C95-CDAE-499C-97F2-5661D867A4B0.png

Food Republic are based in Battersea and come up in google but I can’t seem to add the link here.
szerma
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby szerma » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:42 pm

Joannabond wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:56 pmPlease can you tell me who to contact at New Covent Garden?

https://www.newcoventgardenmarket.com/b ... den-market

Here is the website, you need to scroll through the retailers to see what each offer, where they deliver etc. I just made an order with First Choice from that website, as they have a simple website ordering process and you could get fruit, veg, milk (including non-dairy), eggs, dry foods, some meat:

https://www.firstchoiceproduce.com/shop/

BBens
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby BBens » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:13 pm

If you need something a little stronger, try the local Bloody Bens Gin. Nappy Valley readers get 10% off Bloody Bens Signature & Pink Gin at www.bloodybens.com. At checkout type NVN in the discount code for 10% off.

The Lockdown and G&T packs also have tonic with them. You can also buy Bloody Bens, Bloody Mary Mix. The drinks have won Great Taste Gold Star awards. The Gin is made in Earlsfield.

Delivery takes 2 days. If you need Gin & Tonic really quickly place your order & mail bob@bloodybens.com & we'll try to get it to you sooner. The bottles also make good Easter presents for friends & family you can't visit.

Bloody Bens Gin or Mix is also sold locally in Tierra Verde, MacFarlane's, Dugard (Earlsfield & Herne Hill), Guzzl, Moen's, Hamish Johnston, Two Peas in a Pod & Hack & Veldt, Park Vintners, The Wine Twit, PhilGlass & Swiggot, Wine World, Trinas Wines, Wild & Lees, Art & Craft, North & South Wines, Glug, Artisan & Vine, Craft & Courage & Brixton Cornercopia

If you are NHS staff, please use NHS at the Bloody Bens checkout for 20% off.
Attachments
BB G&T honey small.jpg

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.