Friend has had hairdresser to her house. Is mobile hairdressing allowed?

8 posts
dreadlocks
Options:
Share this post on:

Friend has had hairdresser to her house. Is mobile hairdressing allowed?

Postby dreadlocks » Fri May 29, 2020 11:09 am

I would very much like to get my hair cut and dyed. Could anyone tell me how mobile hairdressing works?
I have seen someone posting on this site to say that they are available to do this and yesterday a friend told me her hairdresser had been around although 'only in the garden' to cut and highlight her hair.

Is this allowed? I'm not wanting to judge at all I just want to know if I could be booking an appointment.

My take has been:
Hairdressers couldn't open until July 4th?
You had to maintain 2M social distancing with anyone you're not living with?

But at the same time if you can't do your job from home then you are allowed to do your job as long as you do it safely? Does mobile hairdressing fall into this?

I would love to get my hair sorted. Any thoughts very gratefully received by those having to look at my bad hair on zoom :-)
Janet14
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Friend has had hairdresser to her house. Is mobile hairdressing allowed?

Postby Janet14 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:42 am

Hi
I’m not entirely sure on this but I have a furloughed member of staff who had re-trained as a barber to make some money on the side so if you think it is allowed and any men or boys need a hair cut Out there pm me.
NoodleFan
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby NoodleFan » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:09 am

I think quite a bit of hairdressing has been going on behind closed doors but people don’t want to say it and get their hairdresser into trouble. Mine told me she’d be happy to come to me when I was ready and that was in April... I have resisted so far.
The guidelines have been pants so can’t blame anyone for being confused.
VivienneS
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby VivienneS » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:25 am

I am a mobile hairdresser and it is difficult to stay 2M away from your client. Even when hairdressers open in July there is only so much we can do to protect ourselves and our clients. However , most hairdressers or mobile hairdressers are either doing 1-2 clients a day. So really early in the morning then a later one in the day or everyone in one household
They are courses and procedures you can take example in my case cleaning and washing everything i use with barbicide disinfectant, changing my clothes, wearing a mask upon arrival
Before all of this i did a course which I have a certificate for which allowed me to work a little bit as I have understood the affects of covid and if I don’t follow the procedures it could come with risks
So double check how the stylist is taking precautions
Motherslittlehelper
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Motherslittlehelper » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:54 am

Last edited by Motherslittlehelper on Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

JoeFaxx
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby JoeFaxx » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:39 pm

salons aren’t allowed to open until July 4th at the earliest
and obviously everyone is worried about their businesses

Using an illegal home hairdresser is not only unsafe
( sterilising equipment on the move ) but is making your
salon lose even more money through no fault of our own.

This is to halt a spike and save the pressure on the NHS
please take a look at this website for more info and stay safe

The Freelance hairdressers association website carries all the
Information needed to see that the answer is no
VivienneS
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby VivienneS » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:33 am

It’s not illegal at all
And there are many mobile hairdressers who dont work in salons and travel to people’s homes to cut hair who havent been able to work nor get help
They are many courses hairdressers are advised to do which comes with a certificate of proof to clarify they understand the severity of covid and the importance of sterilisation of tools, gowns wearing gloves and so forth
Aslong as the household is safe and your taking precautions its ok to start doing hair. It’s worse at a salon because stylist will still be seeing different people one after the other who will be on public transport with many people, whereas mobile hairdressers could limit to two people a day with the opportunity to change there clothes and sterilise there tools before the next visit

Having hair in the comfort of your home especially with kids or if you work from home or simply to just be in your space is the best thing ever x
JoeFaxx
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby JoeFaxx » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:24 am

This is from the Freelance Hairdressers association website

YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO WORK
We are being inundated with emails asking the FHA if it is OK for hairdressers to work with all kinds of excuses. Can I cut hair in the garden? Is it OK if I wear gloves and a mask? I work from home is it OK to have clients one at a time?

NO! NO! NO! IT IS NOT OK TO WORK UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES
It is illegal and you stand to be fined. The Government states that hairdressers cannot work until 4th July at the earliest. If you work not only are you breaking the law, you risk a heavy fine and it could be the end of your career.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.