How can you make online home schooling work for your child - and you?

3 posts
Sophia High School
Options:
Share this post on:

How can you make online home schooling work for your child - and you?

Postby Sophia High School » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:24 pm

This week, as we start to wrap up week 2 of National Lockdown in the UK, parents across the UK are once again finding their feet as home educators; whether our normal roles see us as working parents, a stay-at-home parent, or part-time working parent.

Working, parenting and teaching are three different jobs that are incredibly difficult to be done at the same time. As parents we find it very difficult to balance these new responsibilities, not because we are doing it wrong, but more often because it's too much.

Last week, Chris Stokel-Walker from The Times, wrote and excellent piece for parents which we highly recommend entitled:
"How to make online home school work for your child — and you"

We are also giving schooling tips to parents on our LinkedIn page, which you can read here.

As a full time online school offering the UK National Curriculum for students from Year 1 through to Year 9, every aspect of our educational provision, DNA and core values have been designed with ensuring that the best student outcomes are achieved for children when learning online.  

Should you have questions about online learning or how best to support your children, please do reach out to us at admissions@sophiahigh.school or comment below.

Remember to follow us on social media - We are on InstagramLinkedIn and Facebook
Kwaigonjim
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: How can you make online home schooling work for your child - and you?

Postby Kwaigonjim » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:49 pm

The big thing I recognised was creating a space for our kids to learn that was both suitable in size, and separate from my other children, allowing them to learn at their pace, without interruption.

I've just taken this idea a bit further now and created a pop up work station/ play station/ dinner table and created "Pack A Desk". Ive only just launched it so would love to have any feedback as to my idea that parents can offer. Ive tried to make it fun (and personalizable) by allowing it to be coloured in, whilst strong, light, and recyclable.

......As I said all I would like is feedback more than anything atm

Much appreciated 

Jim Martin
Attachments
packadesk1.JPG
packadesk2.JPG
packadesk2.JPG (42.85 KiB) Viewed 825 times
packadesk3.JPG
Sophia High School
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: How can you make online home schooling work for your child - and you?

Postby Sophia High School » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:59 pm

Such a great idea Jim, thank you for sharing. 
Being able to give children their own learning space will allow them to stay creative and inspired, while also giving parents the space to work - All the best on this project!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.