Horniman Museum - gardens, café and Horniman market

3 posts
charlotte_admin
Options:
Share this post on:

Horniman Museum - gardens, café and Horniman market

Postby charlotte_admin » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:11 pm

While the museum remains closed, the lovely gardens with stunning views of London are still open, with a market for your essentials every Sunday. Great for a change of scene!

January is upon us and whilst the days might be short and grey, you can still find pockets of colour and joy in our Gardens which are open for exercise and wellbeing. Please continue to follow distancing and safety guidance when you visit.

The Gardens are open daily from 7.15am (8am on Sundays) until 4.20pm. More Gardens information can be found on our website.
The Café Kiosk on the Bandstand Terrace is open daily, 9am – 4pm, for sandwiches, snacks and hot and cold drinks to take away. In addition, delicious crepes are available from the Café Terrance Kiosk on weekends between 10am and4pm.

Find out more about eating and drinking at the Horniman
ImageHorniman MarketEvery Sunday, 10am – 3pm
Pick up essential food items including fresh fruit, veg and meat to take away. Follow @HornimanMarket on Twitter for the latest updates on which stalls will be at the Market each week. 

Free entryFind out about the Horniman Market
Red5
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Horniman Museum - gardens, café and Horniman market

Postby Red5 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:08 am

With all due respect I would say that’s too far if your in the Wandsworth borough, keep it local. I’m not sure where this group extends too in terms of distance but I wouldn’t be travelling that far, it would be deemed as unessential. Stay safe please folks, sorry it’s just that I had some very sad news this week and it really brings it home.
charlotte_admin
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Horniman Museum - gardens, café and Horniman market

Postby charlotte_admin » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:07 pm

Thank you for your reply and I'm sorry to hear you've had some sad news.

Our reach covers south-west London so includes many people who live in Streatham, Tooting, Brixton and Dulwich, so the Horniman is only 3 miles max for them. Of course, for any of our followers who live in Putney, Earlsfield or Southfields, it would be too far. 

We appreciate we're not supposed to leave our local area for exercise, but I wanted to share this idea so that those who live close enough might consider it for a change of scene.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.