RESPECT HONESTY FAMILY PRIDE NEW IDEAS
Hours of Work: 18 hours a week (2 days a week or spread across the week, flexible working options)
Salary: £35,000 pro rata
The Waves Group supplies hand car wash services to supermarkets and retailers across the UK. Waves has more than 280 franchised sites operating. Waves works hard to consistently deliver the highest levels of customer service, compliance and marketing. Our fun and vibrant office is located between Fulham and Wandsworth. With great staff facilities and even an office dog! We live by our company Values – Respect, Honesty, Family, Pride and New Ideas!
Summary/Overview The role of HR Manager is responsible for the management and coordination (facilitation) of Waves HR operations. The HR Manager will role model good practice and strive for best practice HR operations. They will contribute to the business’ HR strategy and support the management team both operationally and strategically.
Roles and Responsibilities:
RecruitmentWorking with line managers to oversee all company recruitment. Advise on effective sourcing; creating recruitment plans where needed. Advise and train managers on good practice interview techniques and identify suitable candidate assessments, obtain references.
Onboarding and OffboardingWorking with the HR administrator to ensure a consistent offering process with a focus on attention to detail and follow up.Draft offer letters and employment contracts Manage new starter operations; desk plan and workstation, arranging suitable equipment (laptops mobile phones etc.), IT access.Manage new joiner induction process day one. Ensure all paperwork is completed, new joiner meetings have been confirmed and line manager is briefed.Overseeing the exit process when an employee leaves the organisation. Process to include exit interviews, the return of company property, IT access and mobile passwords frozen.
Learning and DevelopmentSupport line managers in identifying suitable training for employees; on the job training, technical skills training, in-house or external courses.Advise line managers on how best to support and develop their teams through workshops, facilitation, 1:1 coaching and career advice.Advise the management team on how to support the learning and development of organisation through away days, team meetings, company meetings, internal communications, and 1:1’s
Performance Management Ensure the company understand the annual performance management process and manage all review operations;
- Oversee the annual performance review process, managing the HRIS element
- Instigating the mid-year and full-year review process through companywide communications
- Updating and creating online appraisal forms as and when required
- Managing the moderation process
- Follow up on actions arising from the review process i.e. salary increases, training requirements, promotions, etc.
- ensuring all company HR policies are up to date, relevant and accessible to all employees.
- liaising with the company solicitor when complex employee relations issues arise
- keeping up to date with employment law legislation
- being the first point of contact for employees who have HR issues or concerns.
- Existing benefits; cycle to work scheme, death in service, pension scheme, eye care vouchers.
- Future benefits for consideration; health insurance, annual bonus scheme linked to performance.
- Undertake a bi-annual salary review process to ensure company salaries are consistent with the market, gender equal, and supporting company strategy.
- Working with the HR administrator complete the monthly payroll process using Sage Payroll software
- Run and circulate P60’s, P11d’s, and P45’s
- Quickly and effectively resolve any employee payroll queries
- Liaise with HMRC on employee tax queries
- Send monthly payroll reports to the company pension providers
- Leavers details calculated to include holiday entitlement and final pay
Working with the HR administrator and the company HRIS ensure all employee personnel records are well maintainedSet notifications for line managers to undertake 3 monthly reviews Maintain holiday and absence records generating reports for the management team as and when required
Health and SafetyBeing the first point of contact for any Health and Safety issues, ensuring that the company is fully compliant with current regulations.
Personal ProfileThe successful candidate will have:
- high standards of integrity and will be discrete
- experience of managing an HR function in a small to medium size business
- effective communication skills
- excellent people skills
- up to date knowledge of employment law and HR practices
- excellent organisational skills and time management
- professional and kind manner
- flexible nature and be open to organisational change
- experience of using an HRIS
- CIPD qualification or equivalent