Live In Carer Wanted In Barnes

4 posts
BarnesSearch
Options:
Share this post on:

Live In Carer Wanted In Barnes

Postby BarnesSearch » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:04 pm

Hello

We are looking for a live-in carer for our 88 year old mother who lives in Barnes.

Our mother has early stages of dementia as well as arthritis resulting in mobility difficulties. She needs help with taking medication, personal care and eating a healthy diet.

The hours required would be roughly 6.5 per day split between morning and early evening, so you would have your afternoons to yourself. We are looking for someone with the right skill set, good English and communication skills (a sense of humour is always a plus!) who will be a good fit for our mother.

If you feel you have the skills and experience and would like to know more, please send me a private message with a little information about yourself and your contact details.

With thanks in advance.
Last edited by BarnesSearch on Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SAMCL
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Live In Carer Wanted In Barnes

Postby SAMCL » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:52 am

We used the most fantastic agency for my mother's care and I cannot recommend them highly enough.  We had the same carer for two and a half years (other than when she had some time off and the agency organised cover) and she was everything you would want.  My mother had dementia too and we brought in a live in carer after she fell and broke her hip and shoulder.  Our carer ensured that my Mum kept mobile, took her out and about, kept the house spotless, cooked the most amazing nutritious meals and formed a lovely relationship with my mother and with my sister and me.  

The carer we had, and those who covered, were middle-aged, white South African women (that is not intended to be racist or in any way discriminatory - just to make the point that English is their first language and with some older people (my mother), a white person is preferable).  They all had a wonderful attitude to care and regard it as a privilege to look after somebody.

Contact Hayley on 01903 366298 or email her on hayleyspringbok@gmail.com. If you want any more information from me, feel free to ask.

It is a really hard time for you but once you have the right care in place, you can relax a little bit!
BarnesSearch
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby BarnesSearch » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:33 pm

Thank you so much for your kind, informative reply. Much appreciated. We have now found a live in carer for our mother thank goodness (I need to edit my original post) but we will definitely keep your agency recommendation on file as they sound lovely.

We are now looking for top up middle of the day support at the weekend, so I will check whether Springbok Agency offers this, though I know many agencies just provide full time support.

So glad you found such good care for your mother. It is difficult when elderly parents start to fail and need support - quite a challenging life stage!

With many thanks
BarnesSearch
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby BarnesSearch » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:37 pm

Hello - apologies cannot see how to edit my original post - please note the search has changed as below.

We are now just looking for a little bit of additional weekend help for our 88 year old mother who lives in Barnes who has early stage dementia as well as mobility difficulties.

To supplement her live in carer, we are now looking for someone to pop by for a couple of hours (11-1pm) on Saturday and Sunday to assist with helping her to wash and dress, prepare food and ideally have a chat and help her perhaps to do a crossword.

If you feel you have the skills and experience and would like to know more, please send me a private message with a little information about yourself and your contact details.

With thanks in advance.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.