Student work or Stay at Home Mum Ad hoc

8 posts
stevehall
Options:
Share this post on:

Student work or Stay at Home Mum Ad hoc

Postby stevehall » Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:44 pm

I need a complete and accurate listing of every shop and retail premise on the following roads 
Northcote Rd, St John's Rd, St Johns Hill, Webbs Rd, Battersea Rise, Falcon Rd, Webbs Rd, Lavender Hill (up to Elspeth Rd/Latchmere Rd/A3220) 

It should be completed on an Excel spreadsheet - 5 columns (Name, number, street, postcode (if possible), additional info) 

ABC Bar, 1, Webbs Rd, SW11 1AA - open/trading

VACANT, 3, Webbs Rd, SW11 1AA ....was XYZ Shoes. Closed August (?) 2019 To let via CBA Estates

Having done dozens of these exercises, I anticipate it will take somebody new ca 3 hours. £40

I would then like you to update it once per month. 90 minutes tops - £20 per month

I do not want/need any residential listing. I do not want/need the flats (123As etc) above many of the shops. I am looking for businesses - retail, bars, charity shops, clinics etc only. 

Random thoughts - you MUST live locally and you should be prepared to WALK these streets with a notepad and/or smartphone. It is dangerous and ineffective to try to do this whilst driving or riding. You must be able to use an Excel spreadsheet. (I am happy to set it up initially) You do NOT need to talk to any shop etc owner. Simply take details from signs etc 

Please PM for more details. Thanks. 

stevehall
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Student work or Stay at Home Mum Ad hoc

Postby stevehall » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:38 pm

I was surprised that nobody started. This small area is one of the few that I have not got covered! 

If you are a student at home over Christmas, this might be a good way to make £40 and get some exercise.  
windmill26
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby windmill26 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:10 pm

I think no one applied for this because you are not paying enough.Knowing the area,I also think it would definitely take longer than 3 hours to do a proper job.
Moonlightdawn
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Moonlightdawn » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:24 pm

Perhaps because the term stay at home mum is a bit outdated. What about the stay at home dads? People take career breaks for all sorts of reasons...
coldatchristmas
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby coldatchristmas » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:30 am

Agree - seems like a lot of work.

I reckon it might only be  few hours walking but it'll be a lot more preparation, sending off etc.
http://www.ramptonbaseley.com/
https://www.portico.com/valuation/
https://nappyvalleynet.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/rampton-baseley-329%C3%97142px.jpg
https://www.john-thorogood.co.uk
SW11er
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby SW11er » Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:07 pm

I reckon it’s closer to a days work. It’s quite a big area to walk logging those details along the way.

Basic supply and demand seem to imply the price being offered is too low.
stevehall
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby stevehall » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:03 pm

Really appreciate everyone's input. Thanks.

I have experience all over London of these surveys and l would have thought three hours was a reasonable estimate and if that is so £13 per hour is usually OK.

If anybody is interested and wants to confirm a rate per hour and estimate the time required, please PM me.

Thanks again
stevehall
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby stevehall » Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:07 am

Thanks for your advice. The position is now filled.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.