- Through Skilled Volunteering we connect people with professional skills to local charitable organisations on short term (up to 6 months), structured projects that assist the organisation in doing its work better.
- Through ReLaunch we support women who have been on a career break to re-connect with their skills, build confidence and define a goal for their next steps.
A little bit about Link UP London
Link UP London began 4 years ago in Battersea and tested the model of connecting people with professional skills within a community to local charitable organisations within that community to help them do their work better. Our projects are structured with flexible time commitments and are designed to fit into busy schedules. Over the past few years we’ve grown to offer our service throughout Wandsworth and Lambeth.
In 2018 we launched our ReLaunch Programme to support professional women on a career break to re-engage with their skills, as this represents one group whose professional skills are vastly underutilised within communities. The ReLaunch workshops offer women safe space in small groups to identify strengths and develop plans for next steps. While skilled volunteering isn’t required as part of this workshop, we support these women into volunteer projects as they offer a wonderful stepping stone back to work by boosting confidence and helping people understand the value of their skills.
We have continued our skilled volunteering services online over the past few months as well as running our first online ReLaunch session. We have also begun new services such as Flash Consulting and webinars with our skilled volunteers sharing their skills to a wider audience. We would now like to build on what we’ve learned through our experience to date to help mobilize more skills in structured and effective ways and direct them into communities in some of the most deprived areas of London.
We registered as a Community Interest Company in 2018.
Job Title Communications and Events Coordinator
Salary £26,000 (3 days a week pro rata)
Hours 24 hours per week - initial 1 year contract with possible extension
Holidays 25 days + Bank Holidays per year (pro rata)
Location London Borough of Wandsworth
Key Objectives for this Role
- Take a lead in communicating and marketing Link UP’s work on and offline
- Ensure CRM system is working to the best of its abilities
- Support skilled volunteering placements along with process improvement
- Contribute to the development/expansion of Link UP
Communications / PR / Digital Marketing
- Ensure regular, up to date, communications strategy is being developed and followed to support and grow our work
- Ensure a wide and engaged social media presence and maintain different social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram.
- Take the lead on developing or facilitating creation of regular content about our work including stories, videos, blogs to distribute across platforms and use on our website
- Generate regular newsletters, updates and other content for the Link UP Community
- Track and identify new distribution channels to ensure wide coverage of our work in all communities of operation
- Continually identify new ways for us to reach our different target audiences
- Communicate regularly and share our work with key contacts, partners and mailing lists
- Identify areas of potential cooperation and facilitate discussion with other organisations where working together could improve impact
- Co-manage CRM (Active Campaigns) to ensure that it is supporting our work as effectively and efficiently as possible
- Lead in the organisation of Link UP events on and off-line to increase our presence within the communities where we work
- Regularly represent Link UP online and in person (when possible again) at events and within networks
- Support Skilled Volunteer projects, organisations and volunteers as needed to ensure successful projects as needed
- Work with CEO to track funding opportunities and assess potential fit for Link UP
- Assist with developing project proposals as needed
- Assist with creating and implementing new funding ideas / events / activities to help us ensure sustainability
- Conduct regular research about our different areas of work to ensure we stay up-to-date and relevant
- Participate in regular supervision and annual appraisal; help to identify your own job-related development and training needs
- Undertake your role in a professional manner and maintain a high-quality standard of work in accordance with the aims, values and ethos of Link UP
- Excellent communications skills with ability to target different audiences
- Excellent knowledge of and experience of various forms of social media
- Extensive experience with interesting / creative content generation
- Experience with digital marketing
- Knowledge of SEO optimization
- Experience with CRMs (ideally Active Campaigns) and automations
- Website management experience (ideally Wordpress)
- Project coordination experience including managing process and procedures
- Experience with event management (on and off line)
- Knowledge of the charitable sector and/or social enterprises
- Experienced writer and story teller
- Detail focused
- Organised and methodical, able to plan, prioritise and manage a diverse workload
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills; knowing when to make decisions and when to refer to others for advice
- Ability to work flexibly and independently as well as part of a small team
- Ability to remain calm and positive while adapting to changing priorities and demands
- Ability to build strong relationships and networks with people and organisations from all backgrounds and at all levels
- Willingness to work flexibly in response to changing organisational requirements
- Personable / warm / caring / friendly
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Good networker
- Hardworking / Dedicated / Committed
Please submit a CV and covering letter via e-mail to Kim Perlow: firstname.lastname@example.org
addressing your suitability for this role in relation to the job description and person specification & competencies (no longer than 2 pages max.) with the subject line "Communications and Events Coordinator".
Closing Date for Applications: Wed 26th deadline Interview Date: 3rd and 4th Sept. - second round 10th and 11th Sept.
To find out more about our work, visit our website: