Confirm That the Listing’s Active

3 posts
rinopoh
Options:
Share this post on:

Confirm That the Listing’s Active

Postby rinopoh » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:17 am

One strategy that a lot of people overlook is making sure a posted job is still active. This is especially important if you’re finding a job that’s been posted for more than two or three weeks. The last thing you want to do is spend time and effort applying for a job that’s 'nearly filled,' so here’s what I recommend: Contact an internal recruiter, talent acquisition person, or (if the company is small) an HR leader and simply say, ‘I just came across your posting for a [name of position]. My background aligns well and I’m very interested, but I noticed that the ad has been up for a few weeks. I wanted to make sure you’re still actively interviewing for this role?’ Assuming he or she is, making this call gives you an advantage: You’ve just forged a soft connection with someone on the inside of the organization and, if you play it right, she may just suggest that you forward your materials directly to her, which is a very good thing.
lerasarro
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Confirm That the Listing’s Active

Postby lerasarro » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:53 pm

Finding a job is always an exciting stage. Especially if the search for work lasts a long time and there are already refusals
cabaccum
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Confirm That the Listing’s Active

Postby cabaccum » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:43 pm

I applied to target and got an interview so quickly 🙉 I am now researching Target job interview tips to know what to be ready for.