The purpose of this role is to plan and deliver the Schools Education Programme for Paradise Cooperative, a locally grown charity; designed to tighten our bonds with nature in an urban environment. This role is suitable for a qualified teacher with QTS and at least 2 years of classroom-based teaching. The teacher should be an outstanding and reflective practitioner who is passionate about outdoor learning. This is a 2 day a week role, with the days being flexible.
Key Responsibilities are:
- Working alongside the trustees, particularly the education group, and other Paradise staff in delivering the 3-year plan for the charity as it relates to the education objectives.
- Oversee and lead the School Educational Programme
- Work within a budget
- Long term curriculum planning and review
- Short term lesson planning for each session
- Resourcing each session
- Delivery of School Workshops
- Design and delivery of CPD for our partner schools
- Design and delivery assemblies to our partner schools
- Management of the Teaching Assistant
- Oversee the admin and management of the after school and holiday club
- Ensure that the school educational sessions and clubs are run according to the charity’s safeguarding, health and safety and data protection policies.
Statement of responsibility
We are committed to the development of children in a safe environment where they can grow and learn. We have a responsibility to promote the welfare of all children and young people, to keep them safe and to practice in a way that protects them. All applicants must comply with our charity’s safeguarding policy and pass the required checks and references.
If you are interested in this post, please PM Andy on this Nappyvalleynet account