Wanted: Housekeeper Nanny in Battersea/Clapham
Position: Permanent, long-term placement
Location: Battersea / Clapham area
Children: 3 boys, aged 12, 10 and 7 years old
Pets: 1 small, short-haired dachshund, very friendly
Start Date: April 2023 onwards
Hours Required: Monday to Friday, two Saturdays per month. Some occasional babysitting required.
Driver: Not required
This is a great role, working for a professional, and culturally diverse family in the Battersea/Clapham area (English spoken at home). Family of 5 and a small dog live in a 6 bed/4 bath house, and it is an informal, relaxed home. This is a blended family so the children do spend a portion of their time living with the other parents who live in the same area (5 minutes walk to other parents' houses). The two parents often work long hours and travel for work occasionally (they always try to ensure one parent is at home while the other travels), so they are looking for someone reliable and responsible to manage and oversee the house and children. The family are looking for a long-term placement.
The role is approximately 70% housekeeping / 30% childcare.
This role will suit you if you are friendly, responsible, reliable, proactive and clean. You will be engaging and fair with the children, and firm when required. Ideally this is a live-in role (you will have your own room) where you are able to assist with the school drop off in the morning, and be back on duty in the mid-late afternoon (when the kids return from school/school clubs) and free once the evening meal is done (~8:00pm). Housekeeping duties to be completed around the kids’ school schedule, and once done there is plenty of free time available.
If interested, please reach out with your CV/profile, and contact information (email and telephone number). Preference for candidates with strong references.
Duties will include: -
- general tidying up
- occasional deep clean
- dusting / vacuuming / mopping of floors
- emptying / loading dish washer
- change bed linen
- clean bathrooms
- laundry, and some ironing when required
- meal planning, preparation of kids’ breakfast and snacks, and evening meal for the family
- occasional food shopping / run some errands
- occasional light gardening, organise house
- walk dog at least 1 per day (the common is less than 1 minute from home)
- school drop offs / pick up (5 mins walk from home) for the two youngest boys, 5 days per week
- support and guide 7-year-old with primary school homework (maths and English), and ensure he completes his daily reading assignment (English). English does not need to be your first language, but you should be able to assist with homework in a creative, engaging way
- ensure the two older children complete their homework tasks and join their online extracurricular classes on time
- supervise bedtime prep routine (showers, pack school bags and lay out school uniform for the next day, tidy up rooms)
- spend time with the kids (play board games, baking etc.)
- supervise occasional playdates at home
- ensure the children take responsibility for cleaning up their rooms / play areas