camping advice - worth getting mini fridge?

7 posts
Ollyaryy
Options:
Share this post on:

camping advice - worth getting mini fridge?

Postby Ollyaryy » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:35 pm

We're newbie campers needing some advice - we went camping last summer but it was a bit of a disaster (for one reason or another!) but friends have tempted us to give it another go.

I'm thinking about getting one of those mini fridges so that I can keep a couple of bits cool ie milk, bit of bacon - not a huge amount, obviously.

this argos have a 4litre one for £13 and a 6 litre one for £20, but the reviews say they are quite noisy. 

Do any of you experienced campers have any advice? Should I bother buying one? I know it's best to use tinned and packet food generally, so it would only be to keep a couple of things cool for breakfast.
TomRedl
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: camping advice - worth getting mini fridge?

Postby TomRedl » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:33 am

I think isn't worst idea,you can try for sure
juliantenniscoach
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby juliantenniscoach » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:35 pm

We've used cool boxes with ice packs without problems, even in the summer.
RuthNewman
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby RuthNewman » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:23 am

i've bought something similar for my camping journey and it worked out perfectly for us. However, fridge is not that important when you don't have coffee maker, it's totally better to purchase an extra coffee maker, not fridge, you can use ice cubs, however coffee is indispensable if you really love it and live with coffee all the time. I've checked Palmgear review in order to find the best coffee maker which can be installed in our rv. This review was actually helpful. We've chosen Keurig for single cup, great choice as the review suggested.
Last edited by RuthNewman on Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gabrielh
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby gabrielh » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:57 am

Mini fridges dont work much believe me, ice cubes much better

qui sont ces femmes qui s'inscrivent sur les sites dédiés aux rencontres extra conjugales
Vista321
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Vista321 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:33 pm

We have an Outwell camping fridge and it is excellent. You have to keep them charged up using the car battery of course but it does the job. They take up alot of space but good if you're not really near shops or even wild camping. Good for the evening gin and tonic too  ;)
misslolita123
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby misslolita123 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:26 pm

When I was camping with my friends and family we used a mini-fridge and it was very useful.