Hotel in Paris

5 posts
newmother
Options:
Share this post on:

Hotel in Paris

Postby newmother » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:40 pm

I am taking my 2 dd's to paris soon (ages 13 and 11) and I wondered if anyone had any hotel suggestions? Thinking  4 star if possible. It is a minefield out there in terms of hotels and would welcome suggestions rather than randomly picking one out on the internet! Thank you.
mum_1980
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Hotel in Paris

Postby mum_1980 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:24 am

I've stayed at the Mob Hotel in Paris twice -  https://www.mobhotel.com/paris_en/ and I love it.

It has a very bohemian, relaxed vibe. The bedrooms are small, but adequate, clean and modern. The beds are super comfy, there are some shadow puppets you can use on the wall, a mobile phone to make free calls and gorgeous shower gel /shampoo in the bathrooms in refillable bottles. The food is local and organic and the breakfast is delicious.

This place is very much for the more sustainably minded guests.

The downstairs dining area and outside space are great for just hanging out and local families (not staying in the hotel) come for dinner and events there too.

It is in a Northern suburb of Paris, L'Ouen where all the furniture flea markets are - well worth a visit if the weather is nice and you fancy a walk. Otherwise, it only takes about 10 minutes on the metro to get to central Paris. The metro is about a 5 minute walk from the hotel.

I'd liken the area to Shoreditch in London - it's a bit further out but very cool and edgy.

I haven't taken my kids yet but I've seen many kids there. Plus the rooms are very decently priced.

claphamama
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby claphamama » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:20 pm

Recently stayed at the Bachamount. It’s in great location and a very nice 4 stars.

Also heard the Hoxton is very good, around the same price range.

Have fun!
newmother
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby newmother » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:53 pm

thank you so much. I will check out these places now.
Epicollapse
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Epicollapse » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:25 am

Thanks for sharing