Covid 19 & travelling

2 posts
TravelMatters
Options:
Share this post on:

Covid 19 & travelling

Postby TravelMatters » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:36 pm

Coronavirus, as well as other preventable diseases, is hitting some of the world's poorest countries and most vulnerable people; many who live in crowded conditions, with limited water, sanitation and health care. These people are also often living day to day, without enough savings or food to be able to stop working and stay at home. People are affected by coronavirus financially as all travelling has stopped, bringing economies to a halt. We want to help the millions across the world who do not have access to safe water let alone hand washing facilities or soap. We created a campaign to help the communities we’ve all visited, engaged with and learned from throughout our visits and holidays over the years. We felt the need to do something practical in these challenging times. In response to that need, we decided to set up a donation page, requesting for your generosity.
At Travel Matters we have sent you to places far and wide as well as travelling to many destinations all over the world ourselves. We have seen with our own eyes the communities in deprived areas of the globe. So with the spread of the coronavirus right now, the situation is utterly heart breaking.

I started Travel Matters and the campaign Make Travel Matter because I love travel, I love connecting to people, learning about new cultures and I care about people. The travel & tourism industry inspires us, connects us, creates new opportunities and jobs within communities. When done responsibly, it can be an industry that is beneficial to all.

The coronavirus outbreak is affecting everyone in the world. We are told that hand washing with soap is the first line of defence against the spread of infectious diseases like COVID-19, yet millions across the world do not have access to safe water let alone hand washing facilities or soap.

We will support the communities we work with, helping to provide safe water, better sanitation, food and hope. Our charity partners are Just a Drop, Empart UK & The Travel Foundation.

Please help to support our beloved communities around the world. We want to be positive change-makers for the people and the planet and when it is safe again, we can travel with intention and purpose.

Do check out our website at Travel Matters to see how you can participate in our fundraiser.
Navy
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Covid 19 & travelling

Postby Navy » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:12 pm

Great that there are such funds created in hard times for people in need. You do a great job! I'll definitely give some money for poor people.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.