Travel cot recomendations???

4 posts
Wuzzaleena
Options:
Share this post on:

Travel cot recomendations???

Postby Wuzzaleena » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:22 pm

Can anyone please recommend a good travel cot? I need something lightweight and compact as will be taking it on a long haul flight and will need to pack in suitcase or take as carry on. Ideally newborn to 3 years would be best. A lot of the ones I have looked at don't seem to be compatible with sheets i.e the mattress is designed to go inside a pocket in the base and baby sleeps directly on the lining of the cot base. I don't like the idea of baby sleeping directly on nylon or other synthetic material. Any thoughts/ ideas???
Tas
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Travel cot recomendations???

Postby Tas » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:15 pm

We wanted something light and easy to carry and not to take up much room. My husband and I purchased the Ncessity Travel cot and used a sheet over the base.

It did fulfill the requirement factors we initially looked at and was great to carry on the plane as we were able to pop toys, books, etc into the bag as part of carry on luggage.

The only issue was it then goes flat on the floor which is a shocker to try to get your baby out of. We were lucky and had a 2nd bed (double) that we were able to place the travel cot in the centre of. Still really awkward though and our backs definately felt it! Is better now that our little one is older but really didn't work great when our LO was only a few months.

I appreciate I haven't actually given a recommendation but hopefully my comments help you somewhat.
calgary
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby calgary » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:31 pm

We have the Phil & Teds travel cot and find it great. It's very light and strong and can be unzipped at the side if you find it easier to get them in and out that way as well as on the top. It's going to be especially helpful later when our boys are older (we have 2 of them) as small playpens for when we travel as well as cots. It DOES say not to have the mattress out of the base but that's how we use it as I too didn't want them lying on material. We first used it when they were 6mos - and had both in it (just fit- though they did overlap with their legs). They didn't seem to mind at all.

My good friend bought the Nsessity for her 1yr old during their 4-week Europe trip and though it was fantastic. I considered it but then decided I preferred the playpen aspect for later.

Whatever you get, I'd definitely suggest using it for at least naps in the week prior to the trip to get your bub used to it.
workingmum62
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby workingmum62 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:26 am

I have a BabyDan one which I love. It's a bit bigger than some of the other models but I liked that as I figured we'd be able to use it for longer.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.