which buggy folds smallest for overhead locker on airplane?

4 posts
sw11_
Options:
Share this post on:

which buggy folds smallest for overhead locker on airplane?

Postby sw11_ » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:39 pm

Does anyone have a recommendation for a buggy that is super compact when folded and that you can take into the plane rather than putting in the hold? I've heard talk of the Babyzen Yoyo but it seems pretty expensive!
Goldhawk
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: which buggy folds smallest for overhead locker on airpla

Postby Goldhawk » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:54 pm

Quinny Zapp?
juliantenniscoach
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby juliantenniscoach » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:05 pm

I'd check with various airlines policy before spending big money.
gee_o
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby gee_o » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:15 pm

We have the BabyZen Yoyo- I got it about a year ago when BA managed to make my maclaren so forked out the £200 odd quid to allow me to replace it.

We replaced it with the Yoyo and it has been brilliant! It isn't nearly as robust as my maclaren was, doesn't lie totally flat and can be a little bit tippy but considering it folds up small enough to pop into a nylon bag to go in an overhead locker it does pretty well.

I have taken it handluggage on UK domestic flights when flying solo with 2 young kids and have not had a problem- it fitted in the overhead locker far more easily than I thought it would, just slipped right in far more easily than a roll along mini suitcase. It comes it it's own v thin nylon bag so ou can slip it inside and then still use the buggy's carrying strap. This means it doesn't look like a buggy of you are concerned about being refused it on board. I think that is more hassle though and with a 3 yr old and under 1 year old I definitely didn't have enough hands to bother!

What it has been really great for though is saving space in the boot of the car. It fits on the floor under my son's car seat so easily if we are off on a big trip and need all the space in the boot.

So overall it is a great little buggy and if you travel a lot then I can highly recommend. But it is expensive and I'm not sure I would have paid the £300 myself for it.

Peppermint on northcote road have one to look at and I think also a similar mountain buggy one which is slightly more robust but on similar lines. It is bigger though so I would check v carefully to see if it falls within size restrictions.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.