Borneo with a Toddler?

2 posts
meldoublew
Options:
Share this post on:

Borneo with a Toddler?

Postby meldoublew » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:55 pm

Hello,
I am thinking of going to Borneo for 2/3 weeks with my husband and daughter (3 years old). We are thinking of going second half of August/September.
Has anybody been there with small children and how did they/you like it? How was the weather? Much noticed the typhoon? Mosquitos a problem? Which airline?
Has anybody been to the Shangri-La’s Rasa Ria Resort & Spa hotel? Any opinions?
Greatful for any advice/recommendations on hotels with kids club/pool/beach in Borneo or any other place in SE Asia that is ok in Aug/Sep?
Thanks.
:)
dudette
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Borneo with a Toddler?

Postby dudette » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:03 pm

We went when my son was 6 and daughter 8. If you just want to stay in Kota Kinabalu then you'll be fine with a 3 year old but if you want to venture into the jungle I'd wait till she's a bit older as I think she'd get restless on the boat trips to view wildlife. You also should take anti malarials as a precaution but I think KK is malaria free (although you should check before you go).

Rasa Ria is gorgeous and has a little piece of jungle with resident orang utans. So you would get a taste of the country by staying here. We also stayed at Tajung Aru which is the other Shangri La hotel. It wasn't as nice overall but had a nicer pool and great set of water slides which your daughter might enjoy.

August is a good time to go weather wise.

Hope that helps.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.