Hot Holiday in jan/feb with 4 yo & 6 mth old - self catering

4 posts
SJH Mummy
Options:
Share this post on:

Hot Holiday in jan/feb with 4 yo & 6 mth old - self catering

Postby SJH Mummy » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:58 am

Looking for recommendations for a hot holiday for a couple of weeks in late January or February next year with a 4 yo and a 6 month old.
We went last yr to Barbados and stayed at royal westmoreland villa which we liked because of thr space and value for money compared with a cramped and expensive hotel room.
Happy to return to the Caribbean as the flights arent too long - anyone got any recommendations?
Or somewhere other than the Caribbean? But it longer than 8 hr flight.
Thanks in advance
Zin-mum
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Hot Holiday in jan/feb with 4 yo & 6 mth old - self cate

Postby Zin-mum » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:43 pm

I go to Mauritius, an island in the Southern Hemisphere of the Indian Ocean. It is summer there in January and, depending on where you stay on the island, temperatures range from around 25deg C to 35deg C.

There are fantastic beaches with swaying palms and superb hotels, but there are also self-catering villas that you can get.

The people there are renowned to be friendly and welcoming in general.

The only down point is that it is an eleven hour trip, direct with British airways or Air Mauritius.

I still love it though! So does my daughter.
SJH Mummy
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby SJH Mummy » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:20 am

Thanks for advice, we went to Mauritius a couple of years ago and had a fab time but flight too long with two kids I think
luxlittleones
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby luxlittleones » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:01 pm

Hi

Have you thought about Oman or Dubai? The weather is lovely there in late January/February. Lots of the hotels offer villa type accommodation giving you the felxibility of self-catering or dinner in the hotel.

Have a look on www.luxuryandlittleones.com for some ideas. Zighy Bay in Oman is stunning but there are plenty of options in Dubai too.

I have my own travel business www.luxuryandlittleones.com. I would be more than happy to help and recommend if you would like. :)

Please feel free to email me kathryn@luxuryandlittleones.com

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.