Recommendation: Baby friendly chateau near Bordeaux

1 post
klw
Options:
Share this post on:

Recommendation: Baby friendly chateau near Bordeaux

Postby klw » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:51 am

After a few very disappointing experiences at 'baby friendly' hotels and villas, which haven't lived up to our expectations, we have just got back from our first properly relaxing holiday with a toddler so thought I would share on this forum (rather than trip advisor).

Chateau Rigaud is near Bordeaux (an hour from airport) and was absolutely brilliant: fabulous food & wine, great rooms, friendly staff & was fully catered for us & our little one. They also include childcare from 9-1pm every day, which meant that my husband and I (25 weeks pregnant with number 2) got to chill out and then spend some fun time with our daughter in the afternoons.

Lunch & dinner were amazing and they provide baby monitors so that you can listen out for your little one (hopefully) sleeping in your room.

The Chateau is beautiful (the owners have been heavily influenced by Babington House) and set in 10 acres, with space for the kids to roam around and play in the playground, the playroom or watch Peppa pig in the cinema room.

I promise that I have no connection to the owners, but thought I'd post this, as they deserve all the recommendations in the world and we have been so disappointed with every other holiday we've been on with our little one. Link below: http://www.chateaurigaud.co.uk/

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.