Taxi service for children

4 posts
hazel15malwood
Options:
Share this post on:

Taxi service for children

Postby hazel15malwood » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:11 pm

I’m looking for a reliable taxi service to collect my 12 year old daughter from senior school and take her to gym club. I googled taxi services for unaccompanied children and can across a newspaper article on OneLane - an Uber type service for unaccompanied children which is exactly what I need - but can’t find the app or any up-to-date info.
Does anyone have any insight on whether the firm is still operating or any recommendations for a similar taxi service?
Many thanks,
Hazel
LMC1
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Taxi service for children

Postby LMC1 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:03 am

Hi. Not sure if it helps, but we just use Uber. I order the cab on my phone so I can see the driver details and follow the trip and we have never had any problems. I know another family who uses Addison Lee.
kidsinkars
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby kidsinkars » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:49 am

Hi Hazel,

Perhaps my company can be of some help: KARS - Kids Always Ride Safe

Please see the flyer attached. My phone number is 07963623963 and my email is kidsinkars@yahoo.com

Some recent testimonials:

“Cole and his team have been really helpful and very professional. I have experienced them as professional, reliable and trustworthy. My son has reached school on time and has enjoyed his car-rides. I would recommend KARS” - Femida Hirji , Clapham

“So impressed with this service, KARS are an absolute lifesaver. I can’t recommend them highly enough. They really helped me out taking my daughter to nursery and were very professional and reliable” Shamina Ahmed, Wandsworth

“KARS and Cole do a great job. He has been taking our son to school across London for months. He is always totally reliable, flexible when we need it and keeps us updated throughout. He is great with children and our son always enjoys his conversations with him. KARS is a great service and we wholeheartedly recommend it”
Tony, Battersea
Attachments
140917-a5-flyer-v9-amended-service (1).png
Ramaboo
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Ramaboo » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:06 pm

ps I am not a paranoid parent generally and I catch Ubers (and dodgy minicabs) myself BUT I would NOT put a child alone in an Uber. Sorry, but the chance that the driver hasn't had any criminal background check done is pretty high.

Even if you can see on the map where they are, that's not going to help you much if something happens.

Sorry to sound alarmist. A conversation at work today involved several (adult) female colleagues discussing unsavoury interactions with London taxi drivers, and it just seems like too big a risk.  

I realise this is old, just posting really in the hope the next person searching who find this thread reads this and thinks twice. I hope you got your transport struggles sorted - I read about the Kids in Kars thing too

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.